Fear Allāh in All Your Affairs
Ustādh Abū Ḥakīm gives a wonderful reminder concerning the importance of fearing Allāh and clinging to the Qurʾān and the Sunnah, and calling others to this guidance regardless of what fitan may befall.
From the many beneficial points which our noble brother, Abū Ḥakīm, benefits us with in this important reminder are:
- The fitan that are facing the Muslims in the West and the land of the Arabs and encompass the Salafi, whether it is the fitnah of bidʿah and shirk, or shubuhāt and shahawāt.
- The person trying to walk the path of the ḥaqq has many obstacles of fitan before him.
- The Salaf used to say "give glad tidings, O Ahl al-Sunnah for you are the least of the people."
- Those who are clearly Salafi without any taint in their manḥaj and who try to follow the scholars who seek to clarify the manhaj are few and far between.
- In walking this path, it is a must that we ask Allāh to keep us firm upon this path.
- The examples of the Saḥabah are many in relation to their being thabāt upon the dīn.
- Examples from the Qurʾān concerning the importance of taqwa in order to gain the blessings of Allāh, and how disobedience and fitan result in Allāh's punishment.
- Shaykh Muqbil (raḥimahullāh) mentions that when Allāh afflicts a people with earthquakes it is due to their sins. Every Muslim should reflect upon what comes upon them and why it came upon them.
- We should seek refuge from the fitnah of living in these countries and from the fitnah of Ahl al-Bidʿah and Ḍalālah
- Allāh has mentioned towards the end of Sūrah al-Aḥzāb "O you who believe, fear Allāh and say a word that is firm and correct, He will correct your actions and forgive your sins, and whosoever has followed Allāh and his Messenger has received a great success. Verily we placed this amānah upon the heavens, the earth and the mountains, and all of them refused it and were afraid of it, and mankind took hold of it, verily he was oppressive and ignorant."
- This āyah has in it that which contains success.
- Imām al-Saʿdī said the word 'guided to a word that is right' is that a person reaches that which is ḥaqq or that which is close to being the ḥaqq.
- Ibn Taymīyyah (raḥimahullāh) mentions, concerning overwhelming suspicion regarding the Qurʾān and Sunnah, then acting upon it is similar to acting upon certainty.
- Prophet (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) said concerning this blessed daʿwah and those upon it, "There will not cease to be a group from my nation manifest upon the truth." The Imāms of the Sunnah such as Imām Aḥmad mention: They are Ahl al-Ḥadīth.
- Major characteristics of the Salafī is that they spread those statements which are upon the ḥaqq or as close to the ḥaqq as a person can get.
- Concerning the characteristics of the strangers, then it is mentioned in the Ḥadith of the Messenger of Allāh (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-salam): "Islām began as something strange and will return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers." When the Companions asked the Messenger (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-salam) who the strangers were he replied, "They are those who rectify themselves when the people have become corrupted, and they correct others by acting upon the Qurʾān and Sunnah and then correct others with a 'qawlun sadīd'."
- Manḥaj al-Salafī and the callers to the manḥaj call to that which will unite the ummah in its correct manner, because they are uniting the ummah upon what Allāh and his Messenger (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-salam) called us to.
- We should be proud and grateful that Allāh has blessed us and guided us to this blessed manḥaj.
- Ibn taymīyyah raḥimahullāh said concerning this manḥaj, "There is no harm in the one who ascribes himself to the way of the Salafī, rather it is wājib to accept that from him by consensus of the scholars, because the madhab of the Salafī is nothing but the truth."
- The issue of having problems with speaking against Ahl al-bidʾah with the claim that the kuffār will see our faults and weakness, and maintaining that we should leave them so that the kuffār will see the Muslims as unified, then this statement is from the most bāṭil of statements and is not from our manḥaj. A person does not leave off a sickness in the body merely because people will become aware that he is sick, thus negating that he is a strong person. Similarly, we do not leave an illness to spread amongst the ummah, the one who has sense will seek to remove that tumor regardless of what the people have to say.
- Kuffār already know about the state of the Muslims and know about Islām in depth.
- Fear Allāh concerning sins as it brings about the punishment of Allāh.
- One of the Salaf advised his brother concerning sins saying, "Verily sins brings about heedlessness of the heart, and heedlessness of the heart brings about hardness of the heart, and hardness of the heart brings about distance from Allāh, and being distanced from Allah brings about the punishment of the Fire.'
Tags: Salafī, ʿIbādah, Ḥizbiyyah, Bidʿah, Daʿwah, Qurʾān, Manhaj, Sunnah, Ibn Taymīyyah, Bilāl Davis