Advice to the Salafī Sisters of Toronto
A heartfelt advice to the sisters at Masjid al-Furqān (TROID) arranged upon their request. Many issues related to marriage and family relations are discussed.
Some of the discussion points -
- Follow up an evil deed with a good deed
- Seek Allāh's forgiveness for your mistakes
- When you fall short, when you sin…don't despair, don't turn away O Sister!
- Be moral, be upright!
- Have your guardian seek an individual (for you) who is truthful, honest, upright upon Salafīyyah and able to provide for you
- Ask the suitor: which masjid, which centre…who do you associate with (Arqam, Abū Huayrah)? Who are your men (associates)?
- What will he (potential husband) teach your children? Uṣūl al-Sittah of Muḥammad Ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhāb or the Uṣūl of Jamaa'atut-Tableegh?
- Show kindness towards your parents, make sure he (the suitor) honours his parents, if he doesn't honour them, he won't honour you or your parents
- Learn Tawḥīd, this is an obligation upon you like the pillars of Islām and conditions of the prayer
- Salafīyyah is all encompassing, we don't focus on one area and neglect all else (like the ḥizbiyyūn), we are balanced and focus on all areas of the dīn.
[Q1]: Some of the sisters are known for gossiping and complaining amongst each another, can you please advise us on how to handle this?
[Q2]: How is my husband to treat my own parents?
[Q3]: My husband does not do anything special for me, he believes buying me food is enough?
[Q4]: I see some of my friends when they are in the gatherings of mixed sisters….(different manāhij/masājid)?
[Q5]: I know a sister whose husband is oppressing her by accusing her of cheating and talking to other men; he doesn't provide for her and forces her to work; he then threatens her with divorce, what should she do?
[Q6]: Is going to the classes at al-Huda Institute (Mississauga) allowed [Walīd Basyouni, Tawfique Chaudhry, Zakir Naik, Kamel el-Mekki]?
[Q7]: Someone with good character and good religion proposes, you decline because you are too young…and want to pursue the knowledge of the dunyā (secular sciences)?
[Q8]: What do you advice to sisters who are trying to find brothers but find it difficult...?
[Q9]: Some sisters wear jilbābs that outline their shape…?
[Q10]: How do you advise mothers who have children who have gone astray and do not act modestly and do bad deeds behind their parents (backs)?
[Q11]: …Why are women the most punished in the Hellfire?
Tags: Women, Abū Khadījah, Family, Marriage, Advice