Benefit: Beneficial Knowledge
In the Name of Allāh, the Ever Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy
Knowledge has been called “beneficial knowledge” for the following reasons:
1) It leads to Allāh the Exalted and Mighty.
2) It benefits the individual in this life and in the Hereafter.
3) The advantages are extensive such that the individual gains benefit along with others as well.
4) It makes clear to the student of knowledge that which Allāh loves from acts of worship.
5) Knowledge corrects worship. Knowledge—in essence—is worship.
6) It safeguards from the evils [which affect] your religion and your worldly life.
Source: Benefits from the Explanation of Usūl al-Thalāthah, Audio #2
Translated by: Munīb al-Ṣumālī