A Comparison between the Methodology of Ahl al-Sunnah in Calling to Allāh to that of the Extremist Terrorists
Abū Ḥakīm Bilāl Davis illustrates from the book of Allāh and the Sunnah the clear distinction between the Messengers and their way of daʿwah in comparison to the terrorists.
- The correct methodology for every aspect of our life is to return back to the book of Allāh and the Sunnah of his Messenger (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam)
- Safety will be lost once one forsakes and abandons the Book of Allāh and the Sunnah
- To desire this safety by returning to the Book of Allāh and the Sunnah necessitates that we seek knowledge, as the followers of the prophets should not be ignorant
- The Scholars are the inheritors of the Prophets
- Messengers have been sent with a new book, while Prophets were sent to revitalize the message of the messenger that came before him
- So the Scholars revitalize the message similar to how the Prophets revitalized the message of the Messengers (This shows the high significance in seeking knowledge through the scholars and clinging to them)
- From the methodology of messengers in calling to Allāh was that they had concern for there people
- This fear was shown by the saying of Allāh,
Indeed, We sent Nūḥ (Noah) to his people and he said: "O my people! Worship Allāh! You have no other Ilah (God) but Him. (Lā ilāha illā Allāh: none has the right to be worshipped but Allāh). Certainly, I fear for you the torment of a Severe Day!"
- So he feared for his people the torment of a Severe Day and wanted to see his people succeed
- From the methodology of the messengers in calling to Allāh was commanding them to seek his forgiveness
- If those who had disbelieved were to have sought his forgiveness, Allāh would had given them from what desired of this world as shown from the saying of Allāh
"I (Nūḥ) said (to them): 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; Verily, He is Oft-Forgiving;
'He will send rain to you in abundance;
'And give you increase in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers."
- From the methodology of the messengers in calling to Allāh was that they had good mannerisms with speaking and interacting with the polytheists and disbelievers
- Ibrāhīm (ʿalayhi al-Salām) called upon his father with respect, although he worshipped and created idols as Allāh mentions,
"O my father! Verily! I fear lest a torment from the Most Beneficent (Allāh) overtake you, so that you become a companion of Shayṭān (Satan) (in the Hell-fire)."
He (the father) said: "Do you reject my gods, O Ibrāhīm? If you stop not (this), I will indeed stone you. So get away from me safely before I punish you."
Ibrāhīm said: "Peace be on you! I will ask Forgiveness of my Lord for you. Verily! He is unto me, Ever Most Gracious.
- So even after having been threatened by his father he (ʿalayhi al-Salām) responded, "Peace be on you!" while also mentioning he will seek the Forgiveness of his lord for him
- Jihād doesn't restrict itself to fighting with the swords only, as is stated by Allāh
And strive hard (make Jihād) in Allāh's Cause with a true Jihād. He has chosen you (to convey His Message of Islamic Monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion, Islām), and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, it is the religion of your father Ibrāhīm
- If one analyzes the life of Ibrāhīm (ʿalayhi al-Salām) they would find he never raised the sword against a kāfir, although this verse shows he had made true Jihād
Tags: ISIS, Daʿwah, Khawārij, Ḥizb al-Taḥrīr, Bilāl Davis, Al-Qāʿdah, Al-Shabāb