Currently Masjid Furqaan (TROID) is in need of an important and urgent plumbing repair. Apparently, the City of Toronto's water dept. has realised (through some tests) that the sewage from the centre (sisters section) is connected to the storm drain (which drains into Black Creek). This is a mistake done during initial plumbing in that area and needs to rectified immediately to avoid fines. The situation can be rectified by finding the erroneous connection and capping it and then connecting the toilets etc. to the correct drainage.
(on the right side).
or by sending cheques payable to: The Reign of Islamic Da'wah
874-A Weston Rd.
Toronto, ON. Canada
or by sending a money order, or locally at TROIDStore (cash/debit)
We also hope to correct the hot water issue in the sisters side, a hot water heater was installed two years ago, however it does not mix properly, again, linked to some erroneous plumbing work (so there is hot water in the area but it doesn't work due to the plumbing).
We ask Allaah to give the masjid and its community success and we thank you kindly for your du'aa and consideration.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by troid.org admin.
1. The problem;
The City of Toronto Sewer Dept. found that sewer was going into the wrong city lines and traced it back to the masjid. This was confirmed by two inspectors twice.
2. Tiny history;
The sisters washroom (toilet pipes to be precise) were installed some 8yrs ago and connected to the nearest sewer pipes by the then plumber. It turns out that the pipes that the sisters toilet was connected to is itself incorrectly installed some 15yrs ago by previous tenants. (This we found out Friday March 02 2012.
3. We have applied for the blue prints from the City Building dept. that shows the layout of all pipelines on the property of the masjid. Sadly it takes three weeks to get this information as the building is more than 50yrs old.
4. We have been in consultation with a licensed plumber and contractor exploring viable options to resolve this problem once and for all.
5. So far there are two suggestions at hand one one of which requires a sewer line to be installed from the sisters side to the brothers side of the masjid, through the audio room, brothers musalla and then down into the brothers washroom, connecting to the existing sewer pipes there. The total distance is some 60+ feet.
6. Alhamdulillaah the owner of the building has been very involved in the process and will be contributing financially towards any future projects to get this matter resolved.
7. We haven't decided a definite course of action as of yet, as there are many factors to consider.
8. With all of the above in mind, we regret that the sisters washroom will remain out of service - possibly a number of weeks. The musalla area for the sisters will remain open with access to the wudhu facilities (by Friday March 09 2012) but without a toilet.
We understand the urgency of the situation and will work diligently to have it resolved ASAP