Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Book Ideas For Our Next Class

More
9 years 2 months ago #1991 by dksadiq
Replied by dksadiq on topic Book Ideas For Our Next Class
JazaakAllaahu khayraa yaa Ustadh for your efforts. BaarakAllaahu feekum wa jazaakumullaahu khayraa 'ajma'een.

Indeed, may Allaah bless our dear Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ramzan much and preserve him - he has treated most of the books mentioned above in his translated classes with the brothers in Jubail, Saudi Arabia (not counting his many other Arabic classes). Some of these are:

Umdatul-Ahkaam (On going)
Aqeedatul-Waasitiyah (On going)
Usūl-us-Sunnah
Kitaabut-Tawḥīd
Sharḥ-us-Sunnah
Qawaa'id al-Arabaa'
Fadhul-Islām (Virtues of Islām)
Al-Kawaashif al-Jilliyah (telelink w/brothers outside Saudi)
(Usūl-uth-Thalaathah seems to have been taken down for the moment but Dr. Ṣāliḥ as-Ṣāliḥ has treated that as well .)

All these are available under the "Classes" section of the site set up by some brothers here for the Shaykh's recordings.

So, that seems to leave us with

Secondly, regarding Masaail al-Jaahiliyyah 120 points as you mentioned, do you think we'd really be able to finish all within just 10-20 classes?
The following user(s) said Thank You: umaimabz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2000 by Karima238
Replied by Karima238 on topic Book Ideas For Our Next Class
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

My suggestions:

1) The prophets prayer described (Shaykh al-Albaani)
2) Usūl As-Sunnah (Imam Aḥmad)
3) A chapter from 'Umdatul Ahkaam
4) Sharḥ as-Sunnah

• Yâsîn Abu Ibrâhîm
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #2002 by Yâsîn Abu Ibrâhîm
Replied by Yâsîn Abu Ibrâhîm on topic Book Ideas For Our Next Class
Al-Kabaa'ir by adh-Dhahabi

Why? This book has not been thaught yet by a reliable student (as far as i know). And its important for every muslim to know the Kabaa'ir (the Major Sins), so that he may avoid them bi-idhnil-Laah.

Jazaakum Allaahu ghayran.

• ummabdillaah bint ali
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
9 years 1 month ago #2009 by ummabdillaah bint ali
Replied by ummabdillaah bint ali on topic Book Ideas For Our Next Class
As salāmu alaykum,

Firstly,I want to clarify that al-Kabaa'ir is indeed being explained by a reliable student,that is ,brother Owais al-Haashimi hafidahullaah for at least couple of years.It is not being recorded,but broadcasted live on Paltalk every other Saturday.

Secondly,Shaykh Maahir al-Qahtaani hafidahullaah explained some parts of Siffatus ṣalātun nabiyy some time ago during his visit to the UK.

Masaa'il al-Jaahiliyyah is an excellent book as indicated by the ustaadh,high lighting some of the aspects that the Muslims have fallen back into,such as blindfollowing,not accepting the truth except from one of themselves,slaughtering at graves,taking religion in play,and many more.So the explanation of this book would bring alot of benefit bi idnillaah,such as knowing these aspects so that we can abstain from them,or remove from ourselves what we acquired,and others bi idnillaah.And it could be covered within the given time span,as I've seen several of the scholars explaining in 10-15 classes.wAllaahu a'lam.

Another important book,which has sadly not been widely explained despite its importance is Siffatus salatun nabiyy.It has,as aforementioned,been partly explained by shaykh Maahir,but a full explanation is needed as after Tawḥīd,Ṣalāh is the most important pillar in Islām and there are many aspects in the book that need further explanation.So it would be a comprehensive transition to go from Kitaab at-Tawḥīd to Siffah.If not Siffah,then at least some explanation on the most important parts of the ṣalāh.

My suggestions thus are

a)Masaa'il al-Jaahiliyyah

b)Siffatus ṣalātun nabiyy (or its equivalent)

I apologize for the redundancy in speech.

HayyaakumAllaah,

More
9 years 1 month ago #2012 by muslim323
Replied by muslim323 on topic Book Ideas For Our Next Class
wa alaikum as salām wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

RT @SunnahPubs: Al-Allamah Muqbil al-Wadi'i said, "Read the biographies of our Salaf al-Salih so you can see how they abstained from the p…

troid.org troid.org

RT @MasjidSunnahIAP: Our brother Rasheed, who we first started contact with several years ago while he was incarcerated, now teaches juveni…

troid.org troid.org

RT @hikmahpubs: Imam Muqbil b. Hādī Do not force your brother to take your position & blind follow you in matters where there is valid dif…

troid.org troid.org