• Abubakr_al_Muwahhid
  • Abubakr_al_Muwahhid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
12 years 6 months ago #120 by Abubakr_al_Muwahhid
question about new videos on youtube was created by Abubakr_al_Muwahhid
As-salāmu alaykum,

I always was under the impression that the troid team didn't video tape speeches. I've recently seen that the Trinidad conference video was put up on youtube and I was wondering if the opinion of troid has changed on this matter or if someone just posted videos without your permission.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 months ago #121 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Re:question about new videos on youtube
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam,

The recordings mentioned were done by IBN (Islamic Broadcating Network) in Trinidad. They are not our recordings, we recorded audio only.

This issue is one of much dispute (video-cameras, live-broadcasting/recordings), we ask Allaah to make it easy for the Muslims.

Audio recodings are available here: www.troid.ca/store/home.php?cat=738

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #437 by Hafidah1818
Replied by Hafidah1818 on topic Re:Similarly TROID Interview on Light Upon Light
As Salaam Wa Alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
I came across a dawah interview by a revert brother interviewed by islaam.ca but it was on ____________ website,

http://_________________________________

They had a donate button below the interview and l mistakenly thought it was TROID and donated.
First, l wanted to bring this to your attention and then ask the question.

My question is : is it okay to post TROID interviews for the sake of dawah on other websites even if the organizations are off on their teachings? And if they are profitting from our recordings then aren't we empowering them to further spread misguidance?

Please help me to better understand this matter,
Jazak Allahu Khairayn.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by troid.ca admin.

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #438 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Re:Similarly TROID Interview on Light Upon Light
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh,

This is common amongst many websites, there are a variety of possible reasons for these things:

a) One wants to make a website (for his/her own personal agenda)
b) One feels that by making a website, even it it duplicates 1/2 the stuff already out there, it is still a barakah (when in fact it just waters down Islamic resources and makes things harder to find)
c) They like aspects of your da'wah and don't like others (so they pick through want they want and leave off what they don't)

There are very few websites (Islamic) that are run and maintained by Islamic organisations that get advice/direction from the Scholars and their students. It is strange to see, sometimes, a site launched with exactly the same format or purpose as an already existing site, one has to wonder what the goal is? Contributing to the online da'wah realm or replicating the efforts of others to seek some sort of popularity/notarity from it.

Be very careful, if you donate to a site, look at the URL you are on, furthermore, look at the Paypal information to see where the money is going. Always support efforts that you know are purely upon the Qur'an and Sunnah, the fahm of the Salaf etc.

As for your question, all of the material on www.troid.ca and www.islaam.ca is copyright, those who have taken materials from the websites without permission have broken that right. This is one of the benefits behind a copyright, it prevents others from taking material, using it to their benefit and perhaps even solicitating donations on it, and funding misguidance.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by troid.ca admin.

Moderators: troid.ca admin
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

RT @abu_sufyaan: Benefit from today’s Adab al-Mufrad lesson @troidorg Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said: “Your Lord, the Blessed and Most High, is…

troid.org troid.org