Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Unaccountable for Sins after 70 (authentic?)

• troid.ca admin
  • troid.ca admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1539 by troid.ca admin
Unaccountable for Sins after 70 (authentic?) was created by troid.ca admin
A questioner asked an important question:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullaah Akhi Moosa,

I need help with this ḥadīth urgently!! Someone told my mother, who is above 70 Mashaa'allaah, that there is no sin accounted after this age.. When I asked this person for proof she sent me the ḥadīth below. My Arabic is not that good..... what I can figure out is that ..... if a person has suffered from certain things.... and reaching certain age, then account is thrown (??)! It is suppose to be in the Musnad of Imam Ahmed...... Is this ḥadīth Qudsi even authentic? Need help Quickly.....

May Allaah reward you, wa Barak Allaahu Feek

Our beloved brother Abūl-'Abbās researched the answer:

wa alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

the ḥadīth you have quoted has been graded unauthentic by shaykh Al-Albaanee in Dha'eef al-Jaami' as-Sagheer (#4043). I don't believe it is in the Musnad of Aḥmad, but rather it was referenced by as-Suyootee to al-Ḥakīm at-Tirmithee's book, Nawaadir al-Usūl.

and even if it were authentic, it would not be a proof for lack of accountability after 70, since it says that at 70 the angels will love the person, and at 80 the good deeds will be written and the bad deeds will be cast aside, and at 90 sins will be forgiven... so obviously if at age 80 (if the ḥadīth was authentic which it doesnt seem to be) the bad deeds were cast aside, the same narration mentions sins at age 90! so how could that be?! obviously, the assumption from the meaning of the ḥadīth is wrong, and the ḥadīth is not even authentic anyway, and Allaah knows best.

anyone even claiming such an understanding doesnt seem to understand islaam very well, as our Deen teaches us to practice Islām until yaqeen reaches us (death).

the belief of ahlus-Sunnah is that a person who retains their intellect even at age 100 or more still has two angels writing their deeds and all the accountability of a normal Muslim. this idea mentioned to you seems to be similar to the weird beliefs of some of the soofees. and Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Ibn Bāz says he knows of no authentic chain for the ḥadīth and that it contradicts that general accountability established in the Book and the Sunnah:
www.ibnbaz.org.sa/mat/11530

Abd the Permanent Council called it dha'eef jiddan, and they mentioned that it was listed by as-Suyootee in al-La'aalee al-Masnoo'ah (1/138), a book exposing fabrications.

Mūsá

May Allaah reward Shaykh al-Albānī, Shaykh Ibn Bāz, The Permanent Council, Abūl-'Abbās and the questioner.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by troid.ca admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: troid.ca admin
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: It is NOT PERMISSIBLE for a man to be alone with a female (other than a spouse or close relative) in a car going anywhere…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: لا يخلون رجل بامرأة فإن الشيطان ثالثهما قال الشيخ ابن باز في شرح هذا الحديث: فالواجب الحذر، وألا تخرج أبداً إلا ومعها ثا…

troid.org troid.org