Topic-icon Perfecting my Salah

• Ali Yahia
  • Ali Yahia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1700 by Ali Yahia
Perfecting my Salah was created by Ali Yahia
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabaraktu

Although I was born a Muslim, only recently have I begun to practice Islam. In my efforts increase my knowledge of the fundamental aspects of Islam, I have found the topic of Salah to be very extensive. The more I researched the more areas of Salah I came across (whether to read Fatiha after the Imam in congregation, how to place the hands while standing, and many others)that I could not fully understand.

I was wondering anyone knows of any specific books, lectures, or classes that I could look into to alleviate my doubts in those certain areas of Salah, and also increase my knowledge of Salah, both optional and obligatory, in general.

Jazakumullahu Khayr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #1703 by abu ibraheem
Replied by abu ibraheem on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
Walaikum masalam wa rahamthuallahi wabarakthuhu

Well here are some lectures and books on Salah available in TROID store

For lectures on the book "The Prophet's Prayer Described" of Shaykh Albani rahimahullah by Shaykh Zayd al-Wassaabee
www.troid.ca/store/search.php?mode=search&page=1

For the book "The Prophet's Prayer Described" by Shaykh Albani rahimahullah
www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid=17428&cat=0&page=3

May Allah Make our affairs Easy for us

Barakallahu feek

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1704 by Karima238
Replied by Karima238 on topic Re: Perfecting my Salah
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I found these books to be very beneficial in the area of Ṣalāh.

1. The prophet's prayer described, by: Shaykh Albanee

BarakAllahu feek
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: edited out book by 'Fawzee Bahrainee'

More
9 years 3 months ago #1705 by dksadiq
Replied by dksadiq on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
wa 'alaikumussalām wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh dear brother,

It's good to hear from you. Alhamdulillaah for guiding us to practicing Islām - and we would not have been guided if Allaah did not guide us.

Regarding your question, I think a very good book to start with at this stage will be Shaykh al-Albānī's (may Allaah have mercy upon him) "Description of the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alaihi wasallam's Prayer from Takbeer (start) to Tasleem (end) as though you see it." Perhaps you've may have heard of it.

Some points that make the book stand out:
- The Shaykh's introduction regarding an important point in Manhaj - that Allah orders us to follow only the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alaihi wasallam entirely. As for others from the People of Knowledge, we follow them only if their guidance is in line with the guidance of the Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alaihi wasallam.
- The Shaykh goes into quite a bit of detail - mentioning acts to be done / things to be said at the various parts of the prayer & discusses quite a number of issues.
- The Shaykh brings some evidence from the Sunnah for almost every point with some brief discussion (in the endnotes) for clarity in a number of places. [In fact, (excluding the endnotes), much of the book is just different aḥadīth glued together by words from the Shaykh to make the reading flow easily.]
- The book is not too long nor difficult to understand insha'Allaah.
- Beneficial appendices, etc...

The book is available at the TROID Store:
www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid=17428&cat=0&page=3

May Allaah grant the Shaykh a good reward for his service to His Deen & the Sunnah of the Messenger (ṣallallāhu 'alaihi wasallam) and forgive him.

Another good book is this: A Discription of the Regular Sunnah Prayers

Hope that helps brother, may Allaah bless you.

Your brother, Saadiq.

• Sajid.Bin.Rafeeq
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago #1706 by Sajid.Bin.Rafeeq
Replied by Sajid.Bin.Rafeeq on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
The Prophet's Prayer From The beginning To The End As Though You See It by Shaikh Muhammad Naasir-ud-Deen Al-Albaani [raḥimahullāh] - abdurrahman.org/salah/prophetsPrayerAlbaani/index.htm
Excellent, one of the best book on ṣalāh I came across!

More
9 years 3 months ago #1708 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
Wa alaykumussalām wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

May Allaah increase you in good and assist you in seeking nearness to Him in your ṣalāh.

As for a book covering the basics (a good starting point):

An Explanation of The Conditions, Pillars and Requirements of Prayer
Imām Muhammad Bin 'Abdil-Wahhaab (Explanation by Shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaamee & Shaykh 'Abdul-Muhsin al-'Abbaad)
www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid=17841&cat=0&page=1

and as for lectures, then there is a series in Arabic/English available in mp3 and CD that covers the ṣalāh in detail:

Prophet's Prayer Described, ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (Entire 17 MP3 set)
www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid...cat=950&bestseller=Y

• Ali Yahia
  • Ali Yahia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1711 by Ali Yahia
Replied by Ali Yahia on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
Jazakummallahu Khayr for all your suggestions. I will look into those Insha Allah. May Allah make seeking knowledge easy for us.

More
9 years 3 months ago #1713 by cmorris
Replied by cmorris on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
Husayn El Sharif wrote:

and as for lectures, then there is a series in Arabic/English available in mp3 and CD that covers the ṣalāh in detail:

Prophet's Prayer Described, ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (Entire 17 MP3 set)
www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid...cat=950&bestseller=Y

Salamu alaykum....this link isnt working for me and is something im interested in. Is there a way you could post which section of the mp3 files its in? I was searching around and couldnt find it.

More
9 years 3 months ago #1715 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
Wa alaykumussaaam

The link should be The link should be [url=http://http://www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid=18674&cat=950&page=1]here[/url]

but if that doesn't working, then in the TROID store, www.troid.ca/store , you can find the lecture series through the following steps:

1) Click on MP3

2) Click on Speakers

3) Click on Students of the Scholars

4) Click on Shaykh Abū Abdullāh Zaayid al-Wassaabee

5) Scroll down until you see Prophet's Prayer Described (Entire 17 MP3 set) , ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam

More
9 years 3 months ago #1718 by cmorris
Replied by cmorris on topic Re:Perfecting my Salah
Husayn El Sharif wrote:

Wa alaykumussaaam

The link should be The link should be [url=http://http://www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid=18674&cat=950&page=1]here[/url]

but if that doesn't working, then in the TROID store, www.troid.ca/store , you can find the lecture series through the following steps:

1) Click on MP3

2) Click on Speakers

3) Click on Students of the Scholars

4) Click on Shaykh Abū Abdullāh Zaayid al-Wassaabee

5) Scroll down until you see Prophet's Prayer Described (Entire 17 MP3 set) , ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam

Jazaka Allah..thank you! For some reason my phone doesnt like the link but i found it with the description you gave.

Moderators:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: Similarly, the Prophet sternly condemned this act of Shirk; in opposition to the approach of these politically orientated…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: Hizbīyah at its finest! Instead of advising, they are justifying. Waleed Basyouni’s feeble attempt to defend Omar Soleim…

troid.org troid.org