• J.Finch
  • J.Finch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #1702 by J.Finch
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

Bismillah:

I came across a beautiful statement from Ibn 'Abbās [d. 68 AH] (1), may Allah be pleased with him, today. I thought I might share it with the noble readers at the TROID forum:

Bismillah:

On the authority of 'Ikrimah [d. 104 AH] (2): "Ibn 'Abbās [d. 68 AH], said: 'By Allah, I don't think there is anyone on the face of the earth whom Shaytaan would love to see destroyed more than me.' So someone said: 'What do you mean by this statement?' So Ibn 'Abbās said: 'By Allah, there isn't an innovation that occurs in the East or the West, then a man conveys it to me - so when it comes to my attention, I subdue it (i.e. that innovation) with the Sunnah, so it (i.e. that innovation) is returned back to [and confined to its originator].' " (3)

May Allah make us from those who are given the knowledge and the ability to defend Allah's religion by subduing innovation and false principles.

Your brother in Islam and the Sunnah,

Abū Adam Jameel Finch

(1) TN: 'Abdullah Ibn 'Abbās [d. 68 AH] was the cousin of the Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace upon him. The Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace upon him, supplicated for him that he be given understanding of the Quran. As a result, Ibn 'Abbās became known to the Muslim Nation as "The Explainer of the Quran."

(2) 'Ikrimah Abū 'Abdullah [d. 104 AH] was a scholar of Tafsīr and the freed slave of Ibn 'Abbās. [al-Taqreeb: pg. 687/#4707]

(3) Aḥmad Bazmool, Endnotes on Shaykh 'Ubayd's Refutation of 'Ali Ḥasan al-Halabee's New, [False] Principles, pp. 5-6
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by J.Finch. Reason: Typos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: Similarly, the Prophet sternly condemned this act of Shirk; in opposition to the approach of these politically orientated…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: Hizbīyah at its finest! Instead of advising, they are justifying. Waleed Basyouni’s feeble attempt to defend Omar Soleim…

troid.org troid.org