• Umm Yasmin Al Isbanyyah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 7 months ago #1767 by Umm Yasmin Al Isbanyyah
Using webcam/live braodcasting was created by Umm Yasmin Al Isbanyyah
Assalāmu alaikoum wa rahmatullaah wa barakatuh

I pray you are all in good health and state of imaan
Please,can anyone direct me to the explanation of why using live broadcasting/webcam is permissible?

I read in this forum that life broadcasting is like a mirror. However, I am very confused and afraid since one of my teachers say that webcam does not work like a mirror because it is a sequence of photographs taken by the webcam/camera and sent to the other side. Thus, to send something it has to be crated first ,and what it is being created are images.

Besides, I have been told that a PHD has been done on this issue of different types of images and has been graded as excellent. This piece of work explains with many evidences from Qur'an and Sunnah that live broadcasting is permissible. Does anyone know about this work and its author?

I really appreciate your help, I find this issue very complicated and distressing, especially when members of your family ask you to see you and your children one webcam because you live so far away

Jazakallahu khayran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1771 by troid.org admin
Replied by troid.org admin on topic Re: Using webcam/live braodcasting
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam wa Rahmatullaahi wa Baarakatuh,

Ahlan wa sahlan

Perhaps this will be of use:

www.troid.ca/index.php/forum/20-kitaab-a...-on-video-recordings

• Umm Yasmin Al Isbanyyah
  • Umm Yasmin Al Isbanyyah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 7 months ago #1775 by Umm Yasmin Al Isbanyyah
Replied by Umm Yasmin Al Isbanyyah on topic Re: Using webcam/live braodcasting
Jazakallahu Khayran for your response may Allaah reward you.

I was looking however, more about the argument which explains that Webcam calls is like the effect of a mirror and does not involve image making (and Allah knows best)

I read a post where our brother Mūsá Richardson (May ALlah preserve him) say that live video is permissible but recording video is not. He posted a link of sahab.net which included a discussion of Shaikh Al Albanee on LIVE video vs RECORDING Video. However the link does not work and it is in arabic which I don't understand. I looked in Alifta.net many times but I still can't find a clear fatwa, they all refer to video recording or mention that some scholars refrain from appearing on LIVE Tv but nothing regarding the argument of the mirror.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

RT @GtownMasjid: Similarly, the Prophet sternly condemned this act of Shirk; in opposition to the approach of these politically orientated…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: Hizbīyah at its finest! Instead of advising, they are justifying. Waleed Basyouni’s feeble attempt to defend Omar Soleim…

troid.org troid.org