Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Benefit: Yusuf al-Qaradawi's Statement about the Isreali Election: A Matter of Context?

• troid.org admin
  • troid.org admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #1871 by troid.org admin

In the Name of Allāh, the Ever Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy

Is the Context Relevant When One Demeans Allāh?

During the 2011 lecture at York Univeristy entitled "Islām in Our Times," [then entire set is entitled Selected Points of Benefit from Sharḥ al-Sunnah] a questioner asks for advice on how to handle the feuding that occurs between masjids…where many of the people are caught up in the middle, a beneficial question seeking clarification about unity. Our beloved elder Dāwūd Adīb elaborates on what Islamic unity really is.

After this, a questioner asks for the URL (audio link) to Yusuf al-Qaradawi's infamous statement about the Israeli elections wherein he made the despicable statement, "If Allāh had presented himself to the people as a candidate he would not have been able to take this amount." A vile statement about Allāh, the Sublime, the Almighty. This clip serves to:

a) play the actual audio of Yusuf al-Qaradawi saying this statement (so there is no doubt about it being from him)
b) discuss the issue of "intention" or "intended meaning" or "context" and its relevance to such a lowly statement about Allāh
c) discuss the rulings of some of the major scholars on Qaradawi's statement and the obligation of him making tawbah

Recently, in order to distract some innocent Muslims from the evils of this statement and the serious errors of Qaradawi in general, some have taken to accusing Muslim speakers in the West of making takfīr of Qaradawi. Perhaps this has been done to draw attention away from Qaradawi's horrendous proclamation about Allāh and instead to gain sympathy for him. Some of the Major Scholars such as Shaykh Muḥammad ibn Ṣāliḥ al-ʿUthaymīn and Shaykh Muqbil ibn Hādī al-Wādiʿī (rahimahumullāh) stated that Qaradawi must make tawbah from this statement as it is a statement of kufr. This in turn has been relayed by many speakers in the West including Dāwūd Adīb and Abū Khadījah in lectures, quoting these two illustrious scholars and others. This has created a smokescreen of supposed injustice and extremism (by way of alleged takfīr from Western duʿāʾʾʾt who were merely narrating rulings of the scholars), thus deflecting attention away from Qaradawi and his serious errors.

Here are the statements of the two illustrious scholars:

Stated Shaykh Ibn ʿUthaymīn after these words (of Qaradawi) were played to him, "I seek refuge in Allāh. It is obligatory for this person to repent. And if he does not he should be killed as an apostate, since he made the creation more knowledgeable than the Creator. It is upon him to repent to Allāh, so if he repents, then Allāh forgives the sins of His servants. And if not then the Wullāt ul-Amr should strike his neck (with the sword)." (Cassette Recording, quoted in Silencing the Hounding Dog, p.119).…

Stated Shaykh Muqbil ibn Hādī, "On this day I was informed by the brother, Ṣāliḥ al-Bakri that he heard some words of (al-Qaradawi) in a cassette that he says that this Jew (i.e. the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu) was victorious by 99% of votes and that Allāh cannot even achieve this, even if the people voted for Allāh, He would not be able to acquire 99% of the votes. These words are clear and manifest misguidance. If he wished to make a Jew superior to Allāh, free is He from imperfection, the Most High, then he is a disbeliever (i.e. apostate). And if he intended that the Jews and Christians and the worshippers of the cow and chickens and others are very many in number yet they do not vote for Allāh, then this is another matter. However it is still clear misguidance (on al-Qaradawi's behalf). For verily, our Lord, the Mighty and Majestic, is not in need of voting, for He, free is He of all imperfection, is the one who says "Be" to something and it is. He is the one who destroyed Fir'aun, and He destroyed Qārun, and He destroyed many nations, from amongst those who exceeded beyond bounds and who stood in the faces of the Prophets of Allāh, the Mighty and Majestic. So he aided the Prophets and gave them victory, in this life and the next. Voting is only needed by a weak man, O Pauper!… Have you disbelieved O Qaradawi or have you brought yourself nearer?…..." (Silencing the Hounding Dog, pp.110-112).

Source: Readings in Qaradawism : Part 3 : Statements of Apostasy

Listen/Download

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• troid.org admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #1872 by troid.org admin
I wonder how much influence secular ideology has affected some of the Muslims today? How can one surmise that it is merely "contextual," even though Qaradawi's speech presented Allaah, the all-Powerful as weak and potentially defeated? How much of "your reality is what you make it to be" plays into the idea that this issue is merely contextual! A philosophical slant that allows anyone to proclaim anything can mean something or nothing or depends, whatever you want to make it? What happened to uprightness, honesty, clear speech and integrity. Have we as Muslims reached a level where any statement can be excused due to 'context' even clear speech about Allaah?

• troid.org admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1873 by troid.org admin
Despite the claim that "we must know the context" regarding Qaradawi's statement: If Allaah had presented himself to the people as a candidate he would not have been able to take this amount." Our elder, Dāwūd Adīb was very patient and kindly asked the questioner "what context he thought it was in." All this to help bring understanding and realisation that this statement is very wrong.

I too decided to do a case-study. I asked an 8 year old girl and a 10 year old boy to give their thoughts about the statement. I narrated it word-for-word with no intonation, explanation, addition or particular emphasis. This is the response I got (in their own words, unedited):

The 8 year old girl:

"Allah would never be a candidate.Because voting is haram. That person who said that should ask Allah to forgive him."

The 10 year old boy:

"That person would automatically be a kafir. You can't be Muslim to say such a thing. It makes me angry as he wouldn't even be alive if Allah didn't make him. He should instead be praising Allah, worshiping him for giving that person life, family and wealth. That person should make tawbah. It also shows that this person is full of himself and arrogant."

I did not mention the fatwas above or any background information. I asked them to write down their first thoughts when they heard this statement only.

These are the opinions of children, their natural inclination to have love for Allaah and to become angry when He the Most High is spoken of in a lowly light. They didn't come close to surmising "it depends on what he really means (context)." This is something to reflect upon for the adult, grown up Muslim who seeks to make excuses for Qaradawi. Is it out of justice or is it out of love (for Qaradawi)? If it is the later, by Allaah, your Lord is more deserving of your love, admiration and respect.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by troid.org admin.

• troid.org admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1874 by troid.org admin
A message from Abū Khadījah concerning the false allegations of takfeer.

In the name of Allāh, the Most Merciful, the Bestower of Mercy.

As-salāmu 'alaikum wa rahmatullāhi wa barakātuh.

I pray you are well and in strength of īmān, may Allāh preserve you upon the Sunnah.

I, Abū Khadījah, have never ever stated that Shaikh Yusuf al-Qardaawee is an unbeliever or an apostate. Whomsoever makes such a claim about me is obligated to present a lecture of mine or a writing in which I have declared him to be an unbeliever (kāfir), otherwise this accusation is nothing but slander and conjecture initiated from the whisperings of Shaitaan carried by his minions till it reaches the ears of the one who knows no better - in this way Shaitaan and his legions prevent Muslims from traversing the Path laid out by our Lord.

I do hold, however, without apology that Shaikh Yusuf al-Qardaawee has many severe errors in his belief, methodology and action: from those tremendous errors is what he stated regarding Allaah, free is He from false lowly similitudes and all imperfections, wherein al-Qardaawee stated (after praising the democratic system of Israel): "If Allaah had presented put Himself forward [as a candidate] in front of the people, He would would not have taken this amount [of votes as compared to Benjamin Netanyahu]."

This statement is a statement of Kufr no doubt, but a statement being Kufr does not necessitate that the person who uttered it is a kāfir necessarily. For takfeer to be made requires understanding principles and establishing the proofs upon the one who uttered these words. I wrote an article several months ago on this topic and you may refer to it here:

>>CLICK HERE<<

Additionally Shaikh al-Qardaawee has been refuted by numerous Scholars of this era (in this and scores of other oppositions to the Quran and Sunnah that have emanated from him), from them: Shaikh Ibn Uthaimeen, Shaikh Ibn Bāz, Shaikh Muqbil, Shaikh Rabee, Shaikh al-Fawzān. Indeed some of these scholars have publicly exposed the deviations of Shaikh al-Qardaawee.

More reading:

>>QARDAWEE'S DEVIATIONS<<

I ask if anyone has further doubts concerning this affair and others, please come to the lectures and put forward your question. You will not find me except truthful and transparent, inshaa'Allaah.

Was-salāmu 'alaikum wa rahmatullāhi wa barakātuh.

Abū Khadījah 'Abdul-Wāhid Alam
Salafi Publications, Birmingham, England.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by troid.org admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yusbiq

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds