Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon A Book titled: Salafiyyah: What is Salafiyyah?....

• wedzmer
  • wedzmer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
7 years 5 months ago #2252 by wedzmer
alhamdulillaah was ṣalātu was salām wa 'ala ashrafil anbiya'i wal mursalin wa ba'ad:

assalāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi ta'ala wa barakaatuhu!

I have been constantly visiting your website for more than a year now, and alhamdulillaah, i have benefited so much from it. I have also been reading from your other sites like salafitalk.net and the new one, as well as your other co-websites. It has been the turning point in my search of Islamic Knowledge for truly, before, I was upon the concept of "Take the good and leave the evil" from speakers and callers to Islam. But since I have been reading your posts from salafitalk, mashaa Allaah, it was truly fruitful.

I was a fanatic of Anwar Awlaki before, until I read the refutations from the website themadhkilis. I also was constantly watching the video lectures of Yasir Qadhi, until I read the posts in Salafitalk.net, as well as Bilāl Philips. I have truly practiced the principle of 'be careful where you take your deen from'. Indeed it has been very beneficial.

I was also a volunteer da'ee of a small Islamic Center here in our city. I'm currently situated in Davao City, Philippines, and truly, Salafi/Salafiyyah is not known here. Please, don't get me wrong, I am not asking for a job from you my brothers. :)

What I'm trying to say is, ever since I've been reading the sites from spubs to salafitalk to all the other sites you have published in the internet, I tried to share it to our brothers and sisters here in our small Islamic Center. It was before Ramadhan this year that we had some conflict because I was starting to get picky with the 'scholars' and 'du'at' they quote from. It came to a point that they asked me why I don't listen to Yusuf Estes, Zakir Naik, Bilāl Philips, Ṣāliḥ Munajjid etc. and so I told them about Manhaj Salafiyyah and your website.

They terminated my volunteer work as a da'ee there, but I continued sharing this knowledge through some of our brothers and sisters through facebook. But, little did I know that they (my former colleagues in that center) were looking for loopholes in my behavior of being choosy in listening to scholars and speakers because I told them they were refuted ones. They posted this in facebook, a quote from a book which is the subject of this email. If I may quote:

"Shaikhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah) writes:

"There is no doubt that mistake in finer issues of knowledge are forgiven for the Ummah… And if it was not so, most of the scholars of the Ummah would have been destroyed.

If Allah forgives the one, who is ignorant of the prohibition of intoxicants because of his living in a country where ignorance was wide-spread, and he did not (even) seek knowledge; then a Mujtahid scholar seeking knowledge - according to what he learned in his time and his place - if his intention is following the Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wasallam) according to his ability, then he is more deserving that Allah accepts his good, rewards him for his Ijtihad, and does not punish him for his mistakes, in accordance with His Saying: 'Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error.' [Sūrah al-Baqarah (2): 286]" [Majmoo al-Fatawa (vol. 20, p. 165)]

Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah) narrated in Fatawa al-Kubra, (vol.3, p.179) that Mu'adh Ibn Jabal used to say in every Khutbah:

"…beware of the slip of the wise (scholar). The Shaytan may speak on the tongue of the wise with a misguided statement, and the Munafiq (hypocrite) might speak a true word. So, accept the truth from whosoever it has come, for, there is light on the truth."

They asked: "What is the slip of the wise?"

He replied: "It is a word that you become frightened of, and you deny it, and you say, "What is this?'So beware of the slip, but DO NOT totally abandon him, for, he will sooner or later return to the truth." [End Quote]" (source: Salafiyyah: What is Salafiyyah? Why Salafiyyah? What makes you a Salafi? [Part 21])

From the same source, they have also quoted this with bold letters:

Shaikh Saleh aal-Shaikh, in his lecture (الفتوى بين مطابقة الشرع ومسايرة الأهواء) mentioned the principle:

القاعدة: الشريعة جاءت لتحصيل المصالح وتكثيرها ودرء المفاسد وتقليلها

"The Sharee'ah has come for bringing and increasing al-MasaaleH (interest/advantages) and averting of al-Mafaasid (harm/disadvantages of the people)."

While elaborating upon this principle, the Shaikh explained - with examples from the Imams of Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah - how a scholar is not to be abandoned completely if he makes a mistake in some issues; - even in issues of Aqīdah - if he is in principle, upon the Sunnah.
*end quote*

My Brothers in Islam, my question is, what is this book? How do we explain this? I thoroughly believed that we do not just leave the evil and take the good; and we should expose what is baatil from what is haqq. But this book is like showing otherwise, and it came from a prominent Shuyoukh... Please help me in this regard...

May Allaah continue to shower you blessings and keep you well, dunya wa akhirah.

Jazakumullaahu khairan.

Your brother,

Wedzmer Munjilul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2257 by dksadiq
wa 'alaikumussalām warahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh dear brother,

Wa iyyaak. May Allaah bless you too and reward you for your important question.

Please do be patient, inshaa'Allaah, I hope one of the du'aat would reply your question soon.

But do note a very important part of the words attributed to Shaykh Ṣāliḥ aal-Shaykh - may Allaah preserve him, in the condition he gave: "IF he is in principle, upon the Sunnah."

May Allaah keep us all steadfast till we meet Him.

Your brother,
Saadiq.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

RT @AbuKhadeejahSP: Article: “Warning from Innovations and the People of Desires.” Final Chapter from “Fadlul-Islām” of Al-Imām Muhammad bi…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: The Angel of Death is Definitely Coming Shaykh Hamzah Abdur Razzaq Share with friends & family. Beneficial Khutbah…

troid.org troid.org