Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Allāh is the Irresistible (Tafsīr)

• UmmSafura
  • UmmSafura's Avatar Topic Author
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
5 years 9 months ago #2481 by UmmSafura
Allāh is the Irresistible (Tafsīr) was created by UmmSafura
Transcribed by:
Umm Safura b. As-Sa'adiyyah

From the Book:
Tafsīr Ibn Kathīr (Abridged version) Shaykh Mubārakfūrī
Sūrah Al-An'am (Part 7) verses 17 to 18, Volume 3, Page 323-325

Allāh is the Irresistible, Able to Bring Benefit and Protect from Harm

Allāh states that He Alone brings benefit or harm, and that He does what He wills with His creatures, none can resist His judgement or prevent what He decrees:

وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ اللَّهُ بِضُرٍّ فَلَا كَاشِفَ لَهُ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ

وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ بِخَيْرٍ فَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

And if Allāh touches you with harm, none can remove it but He, and if He touches you with good, then He is Able to do all things.

Similarly, Allāh said:

مَّا يَفْتَحِ اللَّهُ لِلنَّاسِ مِن رَّحْمَةٍ فَلَا مُمْسِكَ لَهَا

وَمَا يُمْسِكْ فَلَا مُرْسِلَ لَهُ مِن بَعْدِهِ ۚ
"Whatever mercy, Allāh may grant to mankind, none can withhold it, and whatever He may withhold, none can grant it thereafter."
(Sūrah Fāţir verse 2)

It is recorded in the Sahīh that the Messenger of Allāh ‎used to supplicate:

«اللَّهُمَّ لَا مَانِعَ لِمَا أَعْطَيْتَ وَلَا مُعْطِيَ لِمَا مَنَعْتَ، وَلَا يَنْفَعُ ذَا الْجَدِّ مِنْكَ الْجَد»
"O Allāh, there is none Who can avert what You grant or give what You deprive, and no fortune ever helps the fortunate against You." (1)

This is why Allāh said,

وَهُوَ الْقَاهِرُ فَوْقَ عِبَادِهِ
"And He is the Irresistible, above His servants."

Meaning, to Him the necks are subservient, the tyrants humble before Him and He has complete control over all things. The creatures have all bowed to Allāh and are humbles before His grace, honour, pride, greatness, highness and ability over all things. The creatures are insignificant before Him, for they are all under His irresistible decision and power:

وَهُوَ الْحَكِيمُ

"And He is the all-Wise," in all His actions.

الْخَبِيرُ

"Well-Acquainted with all things."

Who places everything in its rightful place, grants and favours whomever deserves His favour.
Footnote(s):
(1) Fath Al-Bāri 2:379

Shurayh an-Nakha'i said: My wife died before me. I wish she could take from my life or that we died together. I have seen how men hit their wives. May my hand be paralysed if my hand hits Zaynab. |al-Ahkam 1/462|
The following user(s) said Thank You: Umm Yousuf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds

RT @AbuKhadeejahSP: Article: “Opposing the Sunnah, the Evil of Innovations and Abandoning the Truth after Knowing it—and those from the Umm…

troid.org troid.org