Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon List of Books and Resources - 2008 Summer Classes

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #195 by moosaa.richardson
List of Books and Resources - 2008 Summer Classes was created by moosaa.richardson
Aqīdah Course:
-Kitaab at-Tawḥīd from Ṣaḥīh al-Bukhārī (volume #9 of Dr. M. Muhsin's translation)

Fiqh Course:
-Kitaab as-Siyaam from Sunan Abee Dāwūd (original Arabic) - file to be provided to registered students
-The Chapter of Fasting from the English Translation of Sunan Abee Dāwūd (available in three volumes)

Tafsīr Course:
-Sūrah al-Kahf from the translation of Summarized Tafsīr Ibn Kathīr (Darus-Salam)

Ḥadīth Course:
-handouts to be distributed electronically to registered students
-last year's ḥadīth classes (audio CDs), as we are building from last year's lessons, so please review them before the course starts (None of the other three courses build directly upon last year's lessons.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• UmmIbrahim Labiba
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #198 by UmmIbrahim Labiba
Replied by UmmIbrahim Labiba on topic Re:List of Books and Resources - 2008 Summer Classes
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

This is more for the Troid Store.... I don't think there will be enough time to get the Ḥadīth Classes CDs here by mail and be able to listen to all of them before the classes start.... is there any way I can buy them in MP3 form and download them? That might be quicker. Jazak Allaahu Khair

UmmIbrahim Labiba

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #199 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Re:List of Books and Resources - 2008 Summer Classes
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh,

If you order them today www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid=17894&cat=0&page=4 , you might be able to recieve them by Fri. (depending on the shipping service level you chose) You can call TROIDStore @ 1.416.243.5320 to find out more insha'Allaah.

As for converting them to MP3 etc. this would be a wee bit tedious, at this point, it would be hard to arrange and Allaah knows best.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by troid.ca admin.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #203 by SMILES
as salāmu alaikum wa rahamtullah, i am a new shahada and i sign up for this class. i want to make clear i understand this, i need to buy kitaab at-tawḥīd, the chapter of fasting, soorah al-kahf, and the other materials will be provided insahallah

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #206 by bintMohamed
al salamo alikom,
I have ṣaḥīḥ al bukharee, and tafsīr ibn katheer in arabi( the full version not mukhtasar), and from what I understand the kittab al siyam will be provided as a file. Do I need to have the english translation or can I use what I already have.
And is there a way to get the handouts in hard copy if I am unable to print at home.
jazakom Allah khiran

• moosaa.richardson
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #208 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:List of Books and Resources - 2008 Summer Classes
Sikia,

wa 'alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

May Allaah bless you and keep you firm in His Path!

The 'Aqīdah course is a study of the section of Ṣaḥīh al-Bukhārī called "Kitaab at-Tawḥīd", not to be confused with other seperate books called "Kittab at-Tawḥīd".

"The Chapter of Fasting" is one of the chapters in the book called "Sunan Abee Dāwūd". This will be provided as an electronic file that you can print or view on your computer in shaa' Allaah. (Its about 80% finished)

Sūrah al-Kahf (ch.#18 of the Qur'aan) with a translation of its meanings in English should suffice. Having "Tafsīr Ibn Kathīr" in English might be helpful.

We had some new Muslims take part in the course last year. They struggled but got a lot of benefit. I hope you get a lot out of the course as well. Here is a quote from a new Muslim who took the course last year:

"Overall, I felt the the program was very beneficial as all the material was new to me. I found it difficult with the arabic (since I am a convert and still do not read/write or speak). While doing the individual weekly quizes, I had the ability to memorize many of the arabic terms which allowed me to score well. However, on the final exam, I felt overwhelmed with the terms and got a few confused and scored a lower mark eventhough I did exceptionally well prior to the final exam..."

May Allaah grant you success.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by moosaa.richardson.

• moosaa.richardson
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #210 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:List of Books and Resources - 2008 Summer Classes
Asmaa,

wa 'alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

We are working now to produce a file that will have the arabic and english of the chapter of fasting from Sunan Abee Dāwūd, as well as mention of Al-Albaanee's rulings on the ḥadīths! We will be sending that file to all registered students within the next few days in shaa' Allaah.

Students could choose to print out each class' ḥadīth by day, or print out the whole file as a booklet. It will be somewhere around 65 pages in total in shaa' Allaah.

As for the books you mentioned, then they should be enough as long as you are good enough with Arabic to find your way around the book.

As for the handouts, then almost all of them will be sent as files to students in advance.

May Allaah bless you.

Moderators: troid.ca adminmoosaa.richardsonAbu Ubaidah
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

RT @AbuKhadeejahSP: Article: “Warning from Innovations and the People of Desires.” Final Chapter from “Fadlul-Islām” of Al-Imām Muhammad bi…

troid.org troid.org

RT @GtownMasjid: The Angel of Death is Definitely Coming Shaykh Hamzah Abdur Razzaq Share with friends & family. Beneficial Khutbah…

troid.org troid.org