Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011)

• fatimahdaragharbi
  • fatimahdaragharbi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1568 by fatimahdaragharbi
Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011) was created by fatimahdaragharbi
As salāmu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Hayyakallaah Ustaadhana.

My friends and I were interested in knowing whether or not you would be conducting another summer course this year?

Alhamdulillaah, they were truly a source of benefit, and authorized much valuable knowledge in our time. Due to the constant classes, appointed test deadlines, we were very much motivated to keep up with the schedule and note-taking. We also learned a lot, more than we expected (for the new class-takers). And we certainly praise none above Allaah.

Jazaakumullaahu khayran..

&& we shall accompany the inkpot until our death...
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1687 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011)
wa alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

possibly in sha'baan (july), details available when we have them, in shaa' Allaah

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #1709 by
Due to the pending visit of Shaykh Muhammad Ramzān (KSA) and some uncertainties surrounding 'Abūl-Abbās' availability - there will be no Summer Courses this year. We hope to continue them in the future insha'Allaah.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1716 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011)
i would like to pass on a point of benefit that will guarantee more benefit than what could have been attained from my classes this summer...

it is based on a ḥadīth in ṣaḥīḥ muslim, narrated by Umm Salamah: the Messenger of Allaah (ṣallallāhu alayhe wa sallam) instructed the one who faces a calamity (museebah) to say: Verily we belong to Allaah, and to Him we return, O Allaah give me reward in this calamity of mine, and replace (my loss) for something better. By saying so, the Messenger (ṣallallāhu alayhe wa sallam) guaranteed a replacement for the loss which is even better than the lost thing itself.

this ḥadīth is not specific to deaths or great tragedies, rather it is general and includes all losses and trials, big and small.

as a student, it has been my habit to say this du'aa' whenever any of my shaykhs don't show up for a single class, confident that somehow Allaah would give me better than the knowledge i was going to attain in that sitting. this is because being deprived of the knowledge gained in even one sitting is a loss, since it is islaamic knowledge, and it could be that one class that gave you a serious increase in understanding or conviction, a loss worthy of making this du'aa' for.

i said this du'aa' when hearing about the deaths of the ummahs most beloved, like Shaykh Muqbil, Shaykh Al-Albaanee, Shaykh Ibn Bāz, and Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymīn.

and i said this du'aa' about my inability to visit in the Summer of 2009 and now in 2011, regarding the reward I would hope to get for teaching and the joy of visiting the Muslims in another country and sharing some time with them.

and so i encourage anyone who is disappointed about my absence this summer to make this du'aa' (in Arabic - perhaps someone could post it), and you will receive more benefit from some other avenue, like the visit of Shaykh Muhammad Ramzān, or other visiting mashaayikh or students.

may Allaah bless you.

• fatimahdaragharbi
  • fatimahdaragharbi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #1720 by fatimahdaragharbi
Replied by fatimahdaragharbi on topic Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011)
'Afwan, my Microsoft tends to misguide any pasted Arabic scripture. Here is the properly worded ḥadīth:

Source: Ṣaḥīh Muslim #918

&& we shall accompany the inkpot until our death...

More
8 years 4 months ago #1721 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011)
Jazaakumullaahu khayr

I'm having trouble reading the supplication, is it possible to get a bigger font for the arabic text and also include tashkeel marks?

• Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
8 years 4 months ago #1722 by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani
Replied by Maaria.bint.Riaz.Haqqani on topic Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011)
Bismillaahirrahmaanirraheem

AsSalaamu'alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh

Jazaakallaahu khairan for that point of benefit, and the reminder about this beautiful du'aa.

I would also say this du'aa about any loss which I felt, even something that someone else might perceive to be small. I then heard that it should be said at times of calamity only. I wondered whether this could have been due to the arabic word 'museebah' carrying the meaning of a severe trial.

Would it be possible to have a little more explanation about the fact that it can be said upon any loss big or small?

Baarakallaahu feekum,
wasSalaamu'alaikum warahmatullaah

More
8 years 4 months ago #1724 by dksadiq
Replied by dksadiq on topic Mūsá Richardson - NO Summer Courses (2011)
wa 'alaikumussalām wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Here's the du'aa in Arabic & English: www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=49 . By the way, that site ( www.makedua.com ) has much of the du'aa from Hisn-ul-Muslim (i.e. the book "Fortress of Muslim").

Indeed, may Allah replace this loss, perhaps with Sh. Ramzān - may Allaah preserve him.

And I would like to advice my fellow brothers to try their best to benefit from this Shaykh if he is able to make it to Toronto. For I believe the Shaykh is indeed special. Here's a biography about him .

Alhamdulillaah, I live just an hour away from his hometown and alhamdulillaah, Allaah has blessed me to sit in a few of the Shaykh's classes both at his home (a short translated class on important foundational books) and when he comes to the town I live in (an Arabic class again on important foundational books). From my experience with him, I believe he is a true "Rabbaani" scholar - making sure to start with what is most basic, important before moving on to higher topics, exerting his efforts to make sure the students understand, giving homeworks and (sometimes) actually grading them, sometimes making physical gestures in the class so that the explanation sticks in your mind, correcting the translator when he thinks he made a mistake (and he is usually correct), even practically showing us how to make wudoo' correctly!

And how beautiful is it when he explains, breaking issues down so that you fully grasp it. At times, I leave the Shaykh's class thinking to myself: "this Shaykh really wants us to learn and act upon what we learn." So may Allaah reward the Shaykh and preserve him for us and increase him in taqwá, knowledge & action.*

So dear brothers and sisters, if the Shaykh does come to Canada, please strive your every effort to attend his classes as much as you can (even if you have to travel from the US). [By the way, he also speaks quite a bit of English!]

Saadiq ibn Owodunni.

*This is my opinion of the Shaykh, I praise no one above Allaah & Allaah alone is His Reconker.

Moderators: Abu Ubaidahmoosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: It is NOT PERMISSIBLE for a man to be alone with a female (other than a spouse or close relative) in a car going anywhere…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: لا يخلون رجل بامرأة فإن الشيطان ثالثهما قال الشيخ ابن باز في شرح هذا الحديث: فالواجب الحذر، وألا تخرج أبداً إلا ومعها ثا…

troid.org troid.org