One of the main projects at troid.ca is to deliver free audio to the english-speaking world. Audio has been a hallmark of the website since its inception in 1998. We continue to provide free audio content to this day, and see it as a very important aspect of spreading the daʿwah in the West. Throughout the years, simultaneously, we have sold audio cassettes, then CDs, then MP3s on TROIDStore (www.troid.biz) to supplement the financial needs of Masjid al-Furqān, the Islamic Daʿwah Centre (TROID), our websites and other projects. We made some content free and some content for purchase. Although this has been important towards the upkeep of TROID, we see it as a greater benefit to release as much free audio material as possible, to that end, we have developed a new project and retired all audio from TROIDStore, instead, we will make it all available, as a permanent free resource for all on troid.ca. There are numerous reason we want to head in this direction:
The widespread benefit to the daʿwah, throughout the English-speaking world
The accessibility factor: audio plays in iPods, cars, buses, iPads, Phones, practically anywhere
Ease of learning: many people aren't industrious readers but enjoy listening and taking notes
In an era where many deviant organisations focus on expensive seminar fīs and DVD sets, this type of initiative advances the daʿwah tenfold, especially online.
The benefits are numerous, the only drawback is that it removes a long-standing avenue of financial support to TROID. We have compiled a team to help make complete this project (which will take years in shaa' Allāh) and they are eager to help propel this project forward al-hamdulillāh. We have more than 500 audios to upload!
A great way to make a donation that packs a punch! We encourage you (in this blessed month of Ramaḍān) to support his noble project. Remember, English is widely understood across the world, places are far away as Africa and India are sources that access audio on troid.ca - you can share in the reward of spreading this knowledge in shaa' Allāh by supporting troid.ca. To support this project and others,see here.
Do you continue to sell audios (from recent years) on TROIDStore?
- Although we never announced it officially, we have stopped selling new audio on TROIDStore since 2010, quietly, we have been putting out all our event audio free on
Will not selling audio hurt TROID?
- We plan to focus on other areas to support the centre, websites etc. The harm of not putting out free audio with frequency (like we see with articles etc.) is too great in our estimation, it is our preference to release as much free audio material as possible as we see it as possibly more effective even than articles. We hope that the Salafī community worldwide will support this project to make it more viable.
Do you plan to sell audio again in the future?
- No. We stopped selling audios in 2010.
What about Youtube-based audios?
- Although we do not wish to promote YouTube as a medium, due to the danger for the Muslim when on the YouTube website (public media site, not a salafi resource, full of bad content, lies and nakedness, music etc.), and we do not encourage its usage or referencing because of this. We do recognise that it is a resource to over a billion people worldwide, to this end, without promoting the site itself, we may upload content there so the general masses may access it. However, we would discourage Salafess from living on Youtube.com - its harm far outweighs any benefit and we have to be wary of trusting resources that are not Salafī websites.
Will my Audio appear right away?
- It will enter a queue and be processed in order, it may take a day or two or a month or two depending on the success/speed of the project. A listing of the queue of audios will appear in this forum post (like a juke-box order, only in this case, the audio doesn't stop playing!)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by troid.org admin.