Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Advice by Shaykh Rabī’ Ibn Hādī 'Umayr al-Madkhālī

• UmmSafura
  • UmmSafura's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #2414 by UmmSafura
Advice given in Medina, in May 2004 By Shaykh Rabī’ Ibn Hādī 'Umayr al-Madkhālī
"Stop The Destructive Harshness That Is Destroying The Salafi Da'wah."

Transcribed from video and slightly edited by Umm Safurā As Salafiyyah b. As-Sa’adiyyah إقرا بنت العجاز

These days we see that the Salafi Da'wah is going backwards.
May Allāh bless you.
Because it has lost the Hikmāh (Wisdom) of its people.

First and foremost it has lost the Wisdom of the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ:
And his patience, his mercy his manners his softness and his kindness.

By Allāh, 'Aisha رضي الله عنها had insulted a Jew. So the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ:
'O 'Âishāh, Allaah loves softness in everything.' [1]

This same Ḥadīth, if a Scholar were to mention it to the youth. In order to direct them into following the correct Manhaj, while doing Da'wah.

They would say this is Tamyee'. (One who does not openly stand up for the Truth, and he is not really with the Salafis).

Likewise, if you mentioned:
Wisdom, softness, tolerance, patience and kindness. Things that are from the necessities of the Da'wah. And from the tools that we use to bring the people into the correct Da'wah. So that they may enter to the Deen of Allāh in Masses.
Now, they use deterrence which chases the people away. While the Messenger of Allāh said:

"From amongst you there are those who chase the people away. Make things easy, and do not make things difficult. And give good tidings, and do not chase the people away!"
[2]

O brothers, these people are unaware, for by Allāh if they were aware it would be obligatory upon them to call the Messenger ﷺ himself a Mumayy' - (someone practicing Tameey'). And the Sahābah and the Scholars of this Ummah, based upon this destructive harshness that destroyed the Salafi Da'wah.

They would have to call the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ a Mumayy'!
I seek Allāhs forgiveness! He who called to softness, wisdom and kindness. By Allāh, they did not mean this, and it is not their intention, but they are unaware, so it is upon them to understand what is built upon these rulings.
By Allāh, we make an effort, debate, write, give advice and call the people to Allaah and they consider us Mumayy'.

Why?

Because they hear us say; '"Wisdom, Softness, Kindness.'
When we saw that harshness destroyed the Salafi Da'wah and tore its people apart, so what are supposed to do my brothers?

If we see fire, what are we supposed to do?
Pour gasoline onto it so that it gets bigger?

Or are we to get something that will put it out? May Allāh bless you.
So I have to, and this is Wājib (obligatory) upon me, and I have been saying this before today when I saw this destruction, this calamity; I had to say: 'Be soft, be kind, be brothers, be merciful!"

Now this harshness has turned towards the people of the Sunnah themselves. They left off the people of Bid'aa and they turned to the people of the Sunnah with this destructive harshness which contains oppression and all types of false rules!

So beware! Beware of following this way that will destroy you, the Salafi Da'wah and its people!

Reference(s) added:

[1] [Ṣaḥīh Muslim 5/7 of the Arabic. Shaykh Al Albaanee cites it in Mukhtasar Ṣaḥīh Muslim no. 1433, p. 672.] & Related by Muslim (16/146) from ’Aa‘ishah رضي الله عنها
[2] Reported in Ṣaḥīh al-Bukhārī as part of several aḥādīth Kitaabal-Jamaaýaat wal Imāmah (#670, #672), Kitaab al-Adab (#5759) andKitaab al-Ahkaam (#6740) and also in Ṣaḥīh Muslim Kitaab as-Ṣalāh(#466)

Shurayh an-Nakha'i said: My wife died before me. I wish she could take from my life or that we died together. I have seen how men hit their wives. May my hand be paralysed if my hand hits Zaynab. |al-Ahkam 1/462|

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Umm YousufUmmSafura
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds