Topic-icon Abū Tasnīm on Al-Awlakī Nearly 10 Years Back

• UmmSafura
  • UmmSafura's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #2585 by UmmSafura
بِسْــــــــــــــــــمِ ﷲِالرَّحْمَنِ اارَّحِيم
لحمد الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله ﷺ و بعد
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Transcribed by: Umm Safūrā b. As-Sa'adīyyah ام صفورا السلفــــية إقرا بنت لإعجاز

Attached is an answer to a question about Anwar al-Awlakī almost 10 years ago answered by Abū Tasnīm Dāwūd Adīb.

It shows how the salafī speakers in America were addressing the problems of Awlakī and his influence on Muslims long before he reached media fame.

The brother is asking a question about Anwar al-Awlakī, he said in the school the teachers of Arabic in Virginia.

First of all, I think that school was shut down by the American government and secondly I've been told just recently that Anwar al-Awlakī is in jail.

Question:

We have some of his (Anwar al-Awlakī) tapes... (question not finished/unclear).

Abū Tasnīm Dāwūd Adīb - hāfidhahullāh -

I would suggest that you don't listen to anything from Anwar al-Awlakī. Anwar al-Awlakī is a smaller version of Tariq Suwaydān. He's a smaller version of Tariq, a man named Tariq Suwaydān the Kuwaiti. He used to live in the United States, he got his PHD here in the 80s.

Anwar Al-Awlakī has a series of CDs, stories of the Prophets, and you'll hear him referencing Sayyid Qutb in those tapes, in those CDs. Referencing Sayyid Qutb and also bringing narrations that are unauthentic, not clarifying that they're not authentic. He references quite a few times Sayyid Qutb.
Source for audio

Shurayh an-Nakha'i said: My wife died before me. I wish she could take from my life or that we died together. I have seen how men hit their wives. May my hand be paralysed if my hand hits Zaynab. |al-Ahkam 1/462|
The following user(s) said Thank You: ummelias_1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Umm YousufUmmSafura
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

RT @MarkazMuaadh: A beautiful du'ā that we should say often. A du'ā which necessitates that we learn HOW to pray correctly and also that we…

troid.org troid.org

RT @hikmahpubs: Never despair of Allah’s Mercy. If you stray from the path, regardless of how big or small, turn to Allah with sincere re…

troid.org troid.org

RT @DarimiBSIC: [UPDATE] Library New Arabic, Urdu & English titles added to Darimi Library... Come, pull out one of our comfortable chair…

troid.org troid.org

RT @AbuKhadeejahSP: What is the ruling on the three types of water discharge that exit from a woman’s private part? Which of them requires…

troid.org troid.org