Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Afraid of Donald Trump? Have Tawakkul! | Shaykh Bandar b. Sulaymān al-Khaybarī

• UmmSafura
  • UmmSafura's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #2856 by UmmSafura
Afraid of Donald Trump? Have Tawakkul!
A question posed to Shaykh Bandar b. Sulaymān al-Khaybarī
(Taken from an awe-inspiring talk aired by mpubs.org [class title referenced below])

Question:
Many of the Muslims in America are afraid that they are going to be oppressed because Donald Trump has been elected as a President. What is your advice for the Muslims in America?

Shaykh Bandar b. Sulaymān al-Khaybarī:
My advice is everything that we have previously mentioned in having Tawakkul in Allāh. Trusting in, depending upon and relying upon Allāh, in Allāh Alone.

And the Ḥadīth of ʿAbdullāh b. ʿAbbās, Raḍīallāhu ʿanhu, the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ said to him,

"... know that if the whole of humanity were to gather for your sake, to benefit you, never will they benefit you except if it was something Allāh had already written for you. And if all of humanity were to gather together to try and harm you with something, never will they be able to harm you, except if it was something Allāh had already written for you. The pens have been lifted and the ink has dried."

So, the Muslim, the Muwāḥḥid, puts his trust in Allāh, not in his leaders. Even if an oppressive tyrant were to be in charge of a nation, it could be that the people could be safe from his harm, and the opposite can happen, even if a good person were to be in charge of a nation it may be that those people are oppressed with him being the leader of that nation.

So, the person should put their trust in Allāh, in Allāh Alone.

And it could be (unclear) disbeliever, the people could be treated justly under his rule.

We see that the Ṣaḥābah, Raḍīallāhu ʿanhuma ajmaʿīn, were the best of examples for us in this, and the aforementioned incident in which a number of the polytheist gathered to wage a war on them and wanted to totally annihilate them, they wanted to kill every person who called himself a Muslim.

And what was the response of the Ṣaḥābah? It was "Ḥasbunallāhu wa niʿmal Wakīl" sufficient for us is Allāh and what a great Disposer of affairs He is!

And because they put their trust in Allāh, Allāh says, {...and so they turned around with a blessing from Allāh and bounty.} Allāh gave them even more, even in spite of the fact that they were outnumbered and the enemy had more weapons, they turned around with blessings from Allāh in His Bounty.

And so a believer should never be afraid by the Shayṭān, the Shayṭān should never make a believer afraid and despair in situations like this.

Reference:
"التوكل على الله حقيقته و كيفية تحقيقه"
"Understanding and Implementing Tawakkul" by Shaykh Bandar b. Sulaymān al-Khaybarī, may Allāh preserve him, organised and aired by mpubs.org, may Allāh preserve them, 13.11.2016 (12th of Ṣafar, 1438AH), transcribed by Umm Ṣafūrā.

Source for transcript:
www.troid.ca/forum/audios-and-transcript...sulayman-al-khaybari

*** Please note that the class audio has not yet been uploaded, please check their website mpubs.org for updates, Twitter @mpubs or Telegram @mpubs for updates. Class notes have been tweeted by Muwāḥḥidīn Publications. ***

Shurayh an-Nakha'i said: My wife died before me. I wish she could take from my life or that we died together. I have seen how men hit their wives. May my hand be paralysed if my hand hits Zaynab. |al-Ahkam 1/462|
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by UmmSafura.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Umm YousufUmmSafura
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds