• sajid
  • sajid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #512 by sajid
Faulty Audio on troid.ca was created by sajid
As salāmu alaykum,

The sound of the mp3 lecture available at the link www.troid.ca/ibaadah/jihaad/jihaad-the-m...tions-cleared-2.html is not clear. There is a lot of disturbance and I could not hear anything.

Is it possible to re-record this or rectify this? JazakAllaah khayr.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #516 by
Wa 'alaykumus Salaam

Not in the short term, perhaps if someone has a better quality tape then can send it to us insha'Allaah (source is poor to begin with).

• sajid
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago #523 by sajid
Even the lecture www.troid.ca/media/audio/rruleofallaah.mp3 of Brother Abū Khadījah hafithahullaah found at www.troid.ca/manhaj/the-fitnah-of-takfee...e-muslim-rulers.html is not clear. Can nothing be done for this also?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #524 by
yes, we used a software to mass-convert .rm to .mp3 but some wouldn't cooperate. There may be 10 or more audios like that, it is important to us to rectify them but we would have to record them from audio cassettes and it isn't top priority right now. If someone would volunteer, we could mail the cassettes?

• sajid
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago #525 by sajid
I'm willing to do it. You would be having my mailing address. If not, email me inshAllaah.

• sajid
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago #526 by sajid
If you have the real media files then upload those or did anyone not take a backup of those files before converting to mp3?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #527 by
We thank you for your offer, please compile a list of mp3s that arn't working then email us and we will go from there insha'Allaah.

We have the .rm files from before, but it is a format that requires RealPlayer specifically and doesn't work with most other players (hence the change to mp3).

• sajid
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
13 years 1 month ago #528 by sajid
For the time being till, all such files are converted, it is better that you atleast upload the real media files. That way I can download them and convert to mp3 or record in mp3 format. This way we can bypass the mailing of audio tapes.

Is it a policy that troid.ca can't have real media files? Real player is also quite popular and can be downloaded for free from their website.

InshAllaah as and when I come across those audios which aren't working I'll keep posting on this forum. InshAllaah if others find any audio that isn't of good quality they can add onto this thread or email you. May Allaah reward all those who co-operate in this effort.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #529 by
Please compile a list of fauly audios then insha'Allaah we can upload the .rm files for you (note: they may not convert and may require re-recording), there is no policy to boycott real media, just that it isn't practical (as it is not a universal audio format). We could replace them with .rm in the mean time but our workflow doesn't permit it (more pressing projects to address). Your help will help rectify this problem insha'Allaah.

• sajid
  • Asghar Boarder
  • Asghar Boarder
More
12 years 10 months ago #583 by sajid
Replied by sajid on topic Re:Faulty Audio on troid.ca
Is www.troid.ca/store/product.php?productid...at=0&page=3&featured the same lecture as Jihad:Misconceptions cleared by Br. Abū Uwais rahimahullah? Or is that a different lecture?

Moderators: Umm YousufUmmSafura
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

No class this evening, we will continue with Kitab al-Tawheed tomorrow after ‘ishā’ prayer إن شاء الله

troid.org troid.org

RT @hikmahpubs: Benefit from the senior scholars while you can, as they are leaders in knowledge, experience and wisdom. Al-‘Allamah Sali…

troid.org troid.org

RT @mbbsouthphilly: Good News: Our brothers and teachers: Hassan Somali and Anwar Wright - may Allah bless them - will be delivering lectur…

troid.org troid.org

RT @hikmahpubs: Fudayl b. ‘Iyād said: No one loves leadership except that they are envious, transgress, search for the faults of the peop…

troid.org troid.org