Support has been coming in from all directions. Alhumdulillah, We have calculated our donations from August, and the support has come in at just over $1000.00, not including donations of books. This is a great start to supporting the Inmate Assistance Program, from brothers and sisters world wide. Mashaa Allah!
With last month's donations, we have been able to respond and comply to many inmate's requests of sending authentic materials from the Qurʾān and Sunnah and our noble scholars /students of knowledge to institutions across North America.
We are very pleased to say that we are off to a wonderful start in spreading Da'wah to our brothers who are presently incarcerated. We have received many new letters in back from the first batch we responded to, and the brothers were quite pleased to hear from us, and also get some desperately needed books they have been missing. We have been able to now increase in the materials we are able to send out.. We hope, our brothers and sisters continue to support this project.
Donations can be made in the store or from TROID.ca, specifying Inmate Assistance Program. May Allah facilitate us in this cause, Ameen!
Some statistics from November 2012 Re: Inmate Assistance Correspondence
- 28 letters arrived this month alone
- 18 of those letters are new inmates, growing almost 100% from Octobers new writers.
- over 20 Interpretations of the Noble Qur'aan as well as other authentic material was packaged and sent out to institutions across North America.
- Inmates requesting Spanish translated Qur'aans
- Shipping costs for November will be above $100.00 projected.
- Library packages almost at final state of approval and cost will soon be posted, Inshaa Allah.
- Donations for November was $150.00 - While we thank Allah for this donations, we are hoping that our Muslim brothers and sisters begin to realise how much this project is growing, and that it needs support in order to keep it running, and to give the brothers who write to us a place they can turn to for assistance and guidance in many different situations. Many of these brothers are quite new to Islām, and are exposed to deviants and people of desire and innovations. They realise some of these dangers, but need the support, with Allah's Will.
We ask that the Brothers and Sisters continue to support and contribute to this noble cause and increase the spreading of this wonderful Da'wah.