Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Suggestions to Include in a Muslim Inmate Package?

• troid.org admin
  • troid.org admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 week ago #2084 by troid.org admin
With the Muslim Inmate Assistance Programme well under way, we ar currently brainstorming what items to include in a "welcome package."

We would also like to ask our dear brothers and sisters around the world to help us with ideas on how to support our brothers incarcerated.

5 Books:___________________________ (aqīdah/fiqh(ṣalāh) etc.
5 Audios:
5 Articles:
Prayer Mat
Compass

Think long and hard, if it is only 5 of each, what would it be? The ultimate base package?!

Help us with your suggestions! Help the Muslims in Prison! We await your feedback.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by troid.org admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 1 week ago #2098 by Shyma
Assalamu alaikum,

Alongside the Quran, I suggest these books:

1) The concise commentary on the Book of Tawḥīd by Shaykh Saleh al Fowzan.

2) The Prophet's Prayer described by Imam Nasiruddin al Albaani ( rahimahullah)-trans by Abū Talha.

3) Explanation of the Creed of Imam Barbaharee ( rahimahullah)- trans by Abū Talha.

4) A summary of Islamic Fiqh by Shaykh Saleh al Fowzan.

5) The Methodology of the Prophets in Calling to Allah by Shaykh Rabee bin Haadi al Madkhali

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 1 week ago #2099 by Idriys1
In the Name of Allaah, as salāmu alaykum what we do here and it seems to be benefitting, pocket size Concise Collection on Creed and Tawḥīd, Collection from Riyad us Saliheen, Noble Quran all pocket size it cuts down on shipping and handling

More
7 years 1 week ago #2140 by Umm Yusuf S_B.
Replied by Umm Yusuf S_B. on topic Suggestions to Include in a Muslim Inmate Package?
بسم الله, السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Its not a complete list-but I wanted to send in my suggestion before the decision process passed:

Books:
1. Interpretation of the Qurʾān (MuHsin/Hilaali)
2. The Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و سلم)Prayer Described of Imām Al-Albaani,translated by Daawud Burbank رحمهما الله
3.Upright Moral Character
4.Relief Of Distress - An Explanation To The Du'a Of Yunus (*this one I have not read myself, and the price is a little expensive-alternative: An Explanation of the Four Fundamental Principles)
5. An Exegesis of the Opening Chapter of the Qur'aan-Shaikh AbdurRahmaan ibn Naasir as-Sa'dee

Audios:
1.WE WILL PROTECT YOU MUHAMMAD (SALLALLAAHU 'ALAYHI WA SALLAM) FROM THE MOCKERS!!-hassan Sumaali
2.THE NEED FOR TAWHEED (THE IMPORTANCE OF KNOWLEDGE)-kashiff khaan
3.BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TAKE YOUR DEEN FROM!-Shaykh ahmad bin umar bazmool
4.You can't put out the Light of Allaah-Abū uwais (I don't see this one on you site)
5.EXPLANATION OF THE DU'AA TO ALLEVIATE GRIEF, DISTRESS AND ANXIETY-Hassan AsSumaali

Articles:
1.I'M STRESSED OUT. I'M ANGRY. I'VE HAD ENOUGH. I'M GOING TO EXPLODE!!

More
7 years 5 days ago #2154 by Abu Rumaysa
Replied by Abu Rumaysa on topic Suggestions to Include in a Muslim Inmate Package?
Some great suggestions so far. We should be announcing the welcome package soon, InshaaAllah. We still hope to get more suggestions from our brothers and sisters. Try to think about the basics in terms of Aqīdah, Manhaaj, fiqh and topics related to du'aa, naseehah, etc.

JazakumAllahu Khairan

• troid.org admin
  • troid.org admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #2205 by troid.org admin
Replied by troid.org admin on topic Suggestions to Include in a Muslim Inmate Package?
al-Hamdulillaah, we have settled on our package for Muslims in prison. The goal is to put this library in the hands of each Muslim inmate upon initial contact with the programme.

With the initial establishment of the programme a success, we are now turning our attention to creating a standardised welcome package. We thank everyone for their feedback, we have decided to create a Mini-Library for Muslim Inmates. This set of books and Islamic essentials will be sent to each and every Muslim inmate in shaa' Allaah (pending availabilty).

The Mini-Library for Muslim Inmates consists of:

The Noble Qur'an (Arabic hardback)
The Noble Qur'an (pocket-size English)
Fortress of the Muslim (du'aa book)
Islamic Rulings for Incarcerated Muslims
Some of the Benefits of Sooratul-Faatihah
The Three Fundamental Principles (pocket-size)
How to Pray According to the Sunnah
Upright Moral Character
The Concise Collection of Creed and Tawḥīd (pocket-size)
Exemplary Principles Concerning the Beautiful Names and Attributes of Allaah
Fundamentals of the Salafī Methodology

Prayer Mat
Koofee

Attachments:

Moderators: Abu Rumaysa
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: It is NOT PERMISSIBLE for a man to be alone with a female (other than a spouse or close relative) in a car going anywhere…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: لا يخلون رجل بامرأة فإن الشيطان ثالثهما قال الشيخ ابن باز في شرح هذا الحديث: فالواجب الحذر، وألا تخرج أبداً إلا ومعها ثا…

troid.org troid.org