Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Test your understanding: Narrating from Jews

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #1239 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:Test your understanding: Narrating from Jews
Shahrom Shamsov wrote:

asSalaamu 'Alykum wa Rhamatullaahi wa Baarakatuhu

I would say that the "Ten Commandments" should be classified with the second category,since it is mentioned in it that Allaah has rested on the seventh day after creating the heavens and the earth. A'udhuu billaah!!!
It is clear contradiction to the Muslim 'aqīdah since we know that Allaah is al-Quddoos meaning He is free from all deficiencies and imperfection.

Jazaka Allaahu Khayran

wa álaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Of course we agree that any mention of Allaah resting is rejected as it contradicts that completeness and perfection of His beautiful Attributes, and as I remember reading the Old Testament that was one of the first things mentioned in Genesis.

"The Ten Commandments" however are those ten basic obligations that the Jews claim were given to Mūsá to convey to the people. I remember from them, of course in archaic English (!):

"Thou shalt not set up partners with God"

"Thou shalt not take any graven images"

"Thou shalt not steal"

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife"

These things should be considered from the things that have been confirmed by the Last Messenger (ṣallallāhu álayhe wa sallam).

And Allaah knows best.

(Again - I am not encouraging anyone to search the Bible.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #1240 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Re:Test your understanding: Narrating from Jews
Sadiq Owodunni wrote:

we don't ACCEPT them, we only [relay] them - neither accepting them nor rejecting them.

Precisely akhee Saadiq, well said.

Baarak Allaahu feek.

2) If a person comes to a Muslim narrating statement and/or action, then if that statement and/or action is not in line with the Sunnah of the messenger Muhammed ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wasalam and is not affirmed by the Qur'aan then as Muslims we must identify it as falsehood, negate it and we must not narrate it.

You have shown a good understanding, Rahma, and I just wanted to make sure that when you said, "not in line with" and "not affirmed" that you meant: rejected, and i believe that the following words might capture what you want to say a little more clearly: "a statement rejected in the Quráan or Sunnah is to be identified as falsehood, negated, and narrated only to warn against it."

May Allaah bless you.

And Allaah knows best.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #1242 by Umm_Saaleh
Replied by Umm_Saaleh on topic Re:Test your understanding: Narrating from Jews
Mūsá Richardson wrote:

2) If a person comes to a Muslim narrating statement and/or action, then if that statement and/or action is not in line with the Sunnah of the messenger Muhammed ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wasalam and is not affirmed by the Qur'aan then as Muslims we must identify it as falsehood, negate it and we must not narrate it.

You have shown a good understanding, Rahma, and I just wanted to make sure that when you said, "not in line with" and "not affirmed" that you meant: rejected, and i believe that the following words might capture what you want to say a little more clearly: "a statement rejected in the Quráan or Sunnah is to be identified as falsehood, negated, and narrated only to warn against it."

May Allaah bless you.

And Allaah knows best.

Yes, maashaaAllaah that is a better way to capture it. JazakAllaahu khayr brother Mūsá.

Ameen and may Allaah bless you with goodness too.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

RT @hikmahpubs: Benefit from the senior scholars while you can, as they are leaders in knowledge, experience and wisdom. Al-‘Allamah Sali…

troid.org troid.org

RT @mbbsouthphilly: Good News: Our brothers and teachers: Hassan Somali and Anwar Wright - may Allah bless them - will be delivering lectur…

troid.org troid.org

RT @hikmahpubs: Fudayl b. ‘Iyād said: No one loves leadership except that they are envious, transgress, search for the faults of the peop…

troid.org troid.org