Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Hiding behind Al-Albaanee, Ibn Bāz, Ibn Úthaymeen

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1246 by moosaa.richardson
Hiding behind Al-Albaanee, Ibn Bāz, Ibn Úthaymeen was created by moosaa.richardson
In the Name of Allaah...

Something came to my mind about a question I was asked the other night about people who only mention references to the scholars of recent times, specifically: Al-Albaanee, Ibn Bāz, and Ibn 'Uthaymīn.

You may recall that I said that these are - of course - the greatest scholars of recent times, and we are happy to hear people mention them with goodness and attach themselves to them.

I also mentioned that some people claim an attachment to them and then contradict their teachings, and so a good and wise tactic to use in calling them to the Truth would be to mention to them what those scholars have said about that issue that they are mistaken in, so that they could accept the correction more easily.

And I alluded to the idea of those three - may Allaah have Mercy on them - recommending other scholars and warning against certain callers. And that could be a way of introducing them to or helping them establish contact with other noteworthy scholars who are still alive.

I'd like to mention a specific example of this, that is sadly too common to hear. People say, "I prefer the manhaj of Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymīn over the manhaj of Shaykh Rabee' al-Madkhalī..." Or they may say Shaykh Ibn Bāz or Shaykh Al-Albaanee in place of Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymīn, or all three of them!

Let's be perfectly clear on this issue - this is not the speech of the people of knowledge. All three of those great scholars were upon the same manhaj of Shaykh Rabee' ibn Hādī al-Madkhalī (may Allaah preserve him) - the manhaj of the Salaf. This is not merely a devoted student's opinion, rather, all three of those scholars have clear and specific praises of Shaykh Rabee', his teachings, his books, his recordings, and even his refutations.

As for the statements of taxi drivers and their students, or anonymous internet writers, that the manhaj of Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymīn was other than the manhaj of Shaykh Rabee', etc... then it is simply jahl murak-kab (compound ignorance), when a person hears a specific point of disagreement between two scholars, and assumes that it means that a major disagreement has taken place, and that they have parted ways and gone forth on two different paths!

As an extremely clear example, here are the words of Shaykh Ibn Úthaymeen himself, about the visit of Shaykh Rabee' to his city (Unayzah) around the year 1421 shortly before the death of Shaykh Ibn Úthaymeen:

...Our brother (Shaykh Rabee'), may Allaah grant us and him success, is upon Salafiyyah, the way of the Salaf. And I do not mean here that Salafiyyah is a hizb (party) which is set up to oppose the Muslims outside of it, but I mean by Salafiyyah, that he is upon the path of the Salaf in his Manhaj. Especially in the field of actualising Tawḥīd and throwing aside what opposes this [manhaj].

The visit of our brother, Shaikh Rabee bin Hādī to this region, our city, Unayzah, no doubt will have a good effect, and it will also become clear to many of the people what used to be hidden from them due to the scare-mongering and rumour-mongering, and also letting loose the tongue [of discord].

You may access the original Arabic audio, transcription, and translation, including other helpful articles on the topic here:
www.themadkhalis.com/md/articles/ebhen-s...rabi-al-madkhali.cfm

So let those who insists that Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymīn was upon a different manhaj than Shaykh Rabee' repent from their audacious lie against Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymīn, and their oppression of Shaykh Rabee' as well.

I mention this illustration since it is something that affected a dear brother of mine, may Allaah guide me and him to what is correct. And it is generally relevant to the question I was asked, as people claim attachments to the likes of those great scholars, and may hide these kinds of sentiments, revealing them every now and then.

And it really really hurts to hear people slander a great man like Shaykh Rabee', a man of the Sunnah, a concerned advisor, patient, full of love for the Muslims and hope for the success of their da'wah, busy with knowledge day and night, reading, writing, researching, compiling, falling asleep on a thin mattress on the floor with a book on his chest and books all around him, critical of his own self and his own students, a brave and guided critic whose writings are blessed with academic strength and clarity, a gracious host, a father-figure to people all over the world, a man who cries when he hears about things that harm the image of our da'wah, a man who reads a book about the history of the rightous Salaf and the trials they faced and becomes engaged in the story and attached to it more devoutly than how common people watch an action movie!!

The flesh of the scholars is poisonous! The way that Allaah exposes those who belittle them is well known! Those who unleash their tongues (with falsehood) against the scholars, Allaah shall cause them to suffer from the death of their hearts before their lives end! ( So let those who contradict his order be warned that a trial may befall them, or a painful punishment! )

(Words attributed to Ibn 'Asaakir, quoted in An-Nawawee's Tibyaan)

I say this, while I praise no one above Allaah, al-'Alee al-Qadeer, and it is HE alone who is his Reckoner.

(And I do not endorse or encourage the blind following of Shaykh Rabee', or any other specific scholar.)

And Allaah knows best.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fatimahdaragharbi
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1249 by fatimahdaragharbi
Replied by fatimahdaragharbi on topic Hiding behind Al-Albaanee, Ibn Bāz, Ibn Úthaymeen
As-salāmu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Well-required from many, well-needed for many.

We give thanks, may Allaah bless you.

&& we shall accompany the inkpot until our death...
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by fatimahdaragharbi.

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1251 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Hiding behind Al-Albaanee, Ibn Bāz, Ibn Úthaymeen

And it really really hurts to hear people slander a great man like Shaykh Rabee', a man of the Sunnah, a concerned advisor, patient, full of love for the Muslims and hope for the success of their da'wah, busy with knowledge day and night, reading, writing, researching, compiling, falling asleep on a thin mattress on the floor with a book on his chest and books all around him, critical of his own self and his own students, a brave and guided critic whose writings are blessed with academic strength and clarity, a gracious host, a father-figure to people all over the world, a man who cries when he hears about things that harm the image of our da'wah, a man who reads a book about the history of the rightous Salaf and the trials they faced and becomes engaged in the story and attached to it more devoutly than how common people watch an action movie!!

This reminds me of when I had the pleasure of meeting Shaykh Rabee' Ibn Hādī. I went with our beloved brothers, Abūl-Abbās Mūsá Richardson and Abū Ismaa'eel Mustafa George. When we arrived at the Shaykh's house, we were permitted to enter the ground floor of the home. We found ourselves in a library, racks and racks of books, it was the largest personal library I had ever encountered, larger than those found in any masjid in the West (that I had visited), there were hundreds of of books, I remember how Shaykh Muqbil Ibn Hadee (raḥimahullāh) spoke So fondly of Shaykh Rabee's library. After some time, we were allowed to meet the Shaykh, we were led upstairs, we entered a small room whereupon we found Shaykh Rabee', an elderly man of slight build, sat upon the ground whilst reading a book. He was coughing phlegm and was a tad unwell. We all shook his hand, my first visit to him (hafidahullaah), I was very observant, I noticed how he looked into the eyes of each person, showing concern and care, for those whom he didn't know, he enquired with them, so he said to me:

"You are from Palestine?"

I replied

"No, 'O Shaykh, from Canada"

so he replied:

"Strange, you look Palestinian. Canada...near Abdul-Muneem?" (in ref. to the chairmain of QSS, the organisation that hosts Halabee, supports Ma'ribee, Abū Usamah, Said Regeah etc.)

I said:

Yes, 'O Shaykh

He replied

"What is your relationship to him?"

I said:

None

He said:

"Why?"

I said:

"Because he is with al-Ma'ribee, because of your and other scholars warning against Ma'ribee and your warning against Abdul-Muneem (and QSS)"

He said:

"Do you have Shee'ah in Cananda?"

I said:

Yes, a little

He said:

"Let me tell you about them"

He then began to read from a book about the atrocities of the Shee'ah and sought to benefit us by it. I benefited tremendously from that visit, I observed the kind and gentle manners of the Shaykh, his concern for us (the youth) and his ever-readiness to fight the people of innovation and desires. It is no coincidence that they (the people of hizbiyyah) target him, as they targeted al-Albaanne before him (even celebrating his death!) and Shaykh Muhammad Ammaan al-Jaamee (trying to beat or kill the Shaykh) before that. The connection being, they really sought out the scholars who wrote clear refutations of the misguided groups and their figureheads, hoping that if they could dissuade the youth from them, they could advance their agenda (as the youth would be unaware or unconcerned with their books and writings exposing and correcting the groups of the day). I benefited from the insight of the Shaykh, he is ahead of the curve, has keen insight and knowledge, in regards to QSS, he recognised things way before others did. An organisation today that openly supports Halabee, has branched out to work with Sa'eed Regeah, (who works with Yaasir Qadhee, Kamel El-Mekki, Abū Usaamah, Zakir Naik etc.) so we took heed of all his advice and warnings in this regard and is saved us from much misguidance as the affair of QSS is undoubtedly worse now than 5 or 10 yrs ago. Many didn't heed his advice in this regard and some were swept away with the fitnah of Halabee, may Allaah guide them back. It shows the importance of referring back to the elder scholars, heading their advice, recognising they have knowledge and insight and we do not.

We ask Allaah to preserve our scholars, ameen.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by troid.ca admin.

• troid.ca admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #1252 by troid.ca admin
Replied by troid.ca admin on topic Hiding behind Al-Albaanee, Ibn Bāz, Ibn Úthaymeen
I believe the questioner was referring to a trend that we see in the West now, and that is masaajid that pop up anew, they break away from mainstream ikhwaanee masaajid but instead of going to the established Salafī masjids, they start a new masjid. They need a reason to establish their masjid (to justify it to their people/tribe etc.) so they say 'we are a __________ (their ethnicity) salafi masjid' as their people will not accept this breakaway without a reason. So some of the people rush to entrust thier deen to them and their classes without investigation, because on their tongue they say 'al-albaanee, ibn baaz, uthaymeen'

so in haste, and sometimes due to nationalism and tribalistic sympathy, people say

"They are with the Ulamāʾ, so who are we to say they are not Salafī"

but no investigation is made as to why they never refer to the scholars of the day except that it is general, like the Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Verdicts or general affiliation, speaking well of Ibn Bāz etc., they seem to never mention any of the scholars who have written extensively about the jama'aat. The other problem being that no regard is given to whether/not they work with the established Salafī organisations in their area - this doesn't seem to be an alarm for most.

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: It is NOT PERMISSIBLE for a man to be alone with a female (other than a spouse or close relative) in a car going anywhere…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: لا يخلون رجل بامرأة فإن الشيطان ثالثهما قال الشيخ ابن باز في شرح هذا الحديث: فالواجب الحذر، وألا تخرج أبداً إلا ومعها ثا…

troid.org troid.org