Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Joining Salah (jamah) in Rukoo!

• Nadeem
  • Nadeem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #1388 by Nadeem
Joining Salah (jamah) in Rukoo! was created by Nadeem
Asalamualikum Brother Moosa!

I wanted to know ruling about, one who joins salah(jamah) when imam was in rukoo,
and (without reciting "Suraul Fatiha"),
Is his That Rakah Valid,or should he repeat it:

Brother PLEASE HELP me in this Regard.

May ALLAH give you best of this dunya and aakhira!
Jazakalahukhayr

There are fatwas regarding this on alifta.com, which say we don't have to repeat if we joined in Rukoo without reciting fatiha!
Ruling on reciting the Qur’an while offering a Jahri Salah behind an Imam
The second question of Fatwa no. 17626
Q 2: What is the ruling on reciting the Qur’an while offering Jahri Salah (Prayer recited aloud) behind an Imam (the one who lead...s congregational Prayer)?
A: It is obligatory upon the Ma’mum (a person being led by an Imam in Prayer) to recite Al-Fatihah at the pauses left by the Imam in Jahri Salah and also in Sirri Salah (Prayer with subvocal recitation), because the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “No Salah (Prayer) for the one who does not recite Fatiha -tul-Kitab (the Opening of the Book, i.e. Al-Fatihah).” If the Imam does not pause in Jahri Salah, the Ma’mum has to recite it while the Imam is reciting the Qur’an and then listen to him. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Perhaps you recite behind your Imam?” We (the Companions) said, “Yes, it is so, O Messenger of Allah.” He (peace be upon him) said, “Do not do that except with Fatiha -tul-Kitab (i.e. Al-Fatihah); for there is no Salah (prayer) for the one who does not recite it.” However, if the Ma’mum is ignorant of the ruling, forgets to recite it
(Part No. 5; Page No. 326)
or can not recite it because he came while the Imam was offering Ruku‘ (bowing), reciting Al-Fatihah is overlooked for him because of the Hadith of Abū Bakarah Al-Thaqafy which is recorded in Sahih (compilation of authentic Hadith) Al-Bukhari.
May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions!
Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’

Chairman:`Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
Members:Bakr Abū Zayd ,Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh ,Salih Al-Fawzan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #1389 by h_elsharif
Replied by h_elsharif on topic Joining Salah (jamah) in Rukoo!
assalāmu alaikum,

it appears you already got a scholarly answer, in any case here is an article (cached by google) from Abūl Abbās's website, Bakkah.net about the issue:

QUESTION

If someone joins the congregation while the imām is making rukoo', has he caught that rak'ah? And what do you know about the position of those who say that he has not caught that rak'ah and it must be repeated?

ANSWER by Shaykh Muhammad 'Umar Bāzmool, instructor at Umm Al-Quraa University in Makkah...
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=...ource=www.google.com

• Nadeem
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #1390 by Nadeem
Replied by Nadeem on topic Joining Salah (jamah) in Rukoo!
Wa'alikums'salam Wa'rahmatullahi' Wabara'katahu!

Jazak'Allhu'Khayr BROTHER:"Husayn El Sharif" for posting the link.

Brother Moosa & Other Brothers having Knowledge about deen(May ALLAH Protect You all), what position are we supposed to take when we have two different positions by Major Scholars in issues like such.

Jazak'allahu'khayr!

More
8 years 8 months ago #1391 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic Joining Salah (jamah) in Rukoo!
wa 'alaykumus-salāmu wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

My shaykh Muhammad 'Umar Bāzmool told me to say when asked about an issue that I do not understand, "Math-habee math-habu man yufteenee" (My position in this issue is the position of the one who gave me the fatwaa (i.e. taught me). That's for matters where the differing is too difficult for you to sort through and the evidences are not clear enough for you to make your own decision. And Allaah knows best.

• Nadeem
  • Jadīd Boarder
  • Jadīd Boarder
More
8 years 8 months ago #1392 by Nadeem
Replied by Nadeem on topic Joining Salah (jamah) in Rukoo!
Asalamualikum Warahmatullah!
Jazak'allahu Khayr Brother Moosa!

THANKS for your help, May ALLAH reward you for translating such valuable articles and fatawas!

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: It is NOT PERMISSIBLE for a man to be alone with a female (other than a spouse or close relative) in a car going anywhere…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: لا يخلون رجل بامرأة فإن الشيطان ثالثهما قال الشيخ ابن باز في شرح هذا الحديث: فالواجب الحذر، وألا تخرج أبداً إلا ومعها ثا…

troid.org troid.org