Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon "Having a Bad Day with the Internet Connection"

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #2232 by moosaa.richardson
"Having a Bad Day with the Internet Connection" was created by moosaa.richardson
One of my brothers pointed out to me:

I'm writing because I was listening to the audio #8 for the class Masaail al Jahileeyah. Where I think you said something improper/slip of the tongue. Around time marker 05:23 of the audio when the internet connection was having issues you said: "We're having a bad day with the internet connection...", I am remembering how we're not supposed to attribute bad to the time by saying "this is a bad day" and the like, and I was concerned that slip may be from the things were not supposed to say. But if I'm mistaken in my understanding, please let me know.

May Allaah elevate his status. It is an absolute pleasure to teach people who will take the time to advise me when needed! May Allaah keep us like this and increase our brotherhood in goodness.

In shaa' Allaah, we'll correct the audio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moosaa.richardson
  • moosaa.richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #2233 by moosaa.richardson
Replied by moosaa.richardson on topic "Having a Bad Day with the Internet Connection"
Rather, it was a great day, as Allaah fed us and provided for us, granted us success in worshipping Him alone with ṣalāt and seeking knowledge. We came together to learn about His Religion, and maybe - if He accepts our actions on that day - we might have become people who will be in His Shade on the Day of Judgment because we loved each other for His sake alone, coming together and parting for Him alone!

And as a very minor footnote, because of our sins, we faced some difficulties in our internet connection, on that great day.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by moosaa.richardson.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2239 by wedzmer

I am remembering how we're not supposed to attribute bad to the time by saying "this is a bad day" and the like

Assalāmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaah!

Isn't there a Qur'aanic verse about this? Can you cite it? I can't find it anymore. :(

Shukran wa jazakallaahu khairan!

More
8 years 8 months ago #2246 by dksadiq
wa 'alaikumussalām warahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh brother,

Perhaps you may have intended the ḥadīth which our Ustaadh, Mūsá Richardson - may Allaah preserve him - reminded us about in his recent class when he discussed this issue. The ḥadīth was:
"لَا تَسُبُّوا الدَّهر"
[Do not curse/say bad things about time ...]

(That's how I remember the Ustaadh translated it; Allaahu 'alam.)
BaarakAllaahu feek

Moderators: moosaa.richardson
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

RT @AbuMuadhTaqweem: Friday Khutba: “Du’ā & it’s Importance for a Believer” 1st half in Arabic 2nd half in English Based upon a khutba of…

troid.org troid.org

RT @AbuKhadeejahSP: “Eid Milād an-Nabī” is practised by millions of Muslims worldwide. They regard this to be an integral of their Islamic…

troid.org troid.org

RT @DarimiBSIC: [NEW] Book Selection from The Garden of the Wise and the Meadow of the Virtuous by Abu Hatim Ibn Hibban (D. 354 AH) Ord…

troid.org troid.org

RT @SalafiCentre: 👍 Free Audio 🎧 Download & Listen Refutation of Hizbu Tahreer and Muhajiroon – Shaykh al-Albani | Abdulilah Lahmami https:…

troid.org troid.org