Popular @troid.org

Topic-icon Umrah Guidlines

• troidstore
  • troidstore's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1585 by troidstore
Umrah Guidlines was created by troidstore
Women uncovering their face during Ihram

Q: A woman performed `Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) but did not uncover her face while performing the rituals. Is this permissible or does she have to offer a Fidyah (ransom, i. e. , sacrificial animal)?

A: A woman should not uncover her face in the presence of non-Mahrams (not a spouse or unmarriageable relatives) whether during `Umrah or otherwise. A Muhrim (pilgrim in the ritual state for Hajj and `Umrah) woman may uncover her face if there are no men present, and cover it in their presence because her face is part of her `Awrah (parts of the body that must be covered in public). `Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: We were in the company of the Prophet (peace be upon him) while we were in Ihram (ritual state for Hajj or `Umrah). When men passed by us,each of us would lower her Khimar (veil covering to the waist) from her head over her face, and when they had passed us, we would uncover our faces. A woman is not allowed to wear Niqab (face veil) during Ihram; but when in the presence of non-Mahrams, she must cover her face with anything other than the Niqab.
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta'

Member Member Member Chairman
Bakr Abū Zayd `Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzan `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by troidstore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• troidstore
More
8 years 6 months ago #1586 by troidstore
Replied by troidstore on topic Umrah Guidlines
Carrying a baby wearing a diaper during Tawaf

Q: We go often to the Sacred House of Allah to perform `Umrah. During Tawaf (circumambulation of the Ka`bah), I carry my one-and-a-half-year-old little girl who wears a diaper. I heard that Tawaf in this case is not permissible because the diaper most likely contains urine, but she is still so little to be left unattended. Sometimes a mother has to carry her baby during Salah (Prayer), while the baby is wearing a diaper that may contain urine. We want you to inform us of the ruling on this issue. May Allah reward you with the best.

A: It is permissible for a pilgrim to carry a child wearing a diaper during Tawaf, provided that the Najasah (impurity) does not affect their body or clothes. The same ruling also applies to Salah.
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

Bakr Abū Zayd `Abdul-`Aziz Al Al-Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzan `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

• troidstore
More
8 years 6 months ago #1587 by troidstore
What to do if Wudu' is invalidated during Tawaf

Q: A person broke his Wudu' (ablution) during Tawaf (circumambulation of the Ka`bah). He performed Wudu' and completed the Tawaf. Is this right, taking into consideration that his Wudu' is invalidated often, because he cannot remain ritually pure for a long time?

A: If a pilgrim breaks his Wudu' during Tawaf, his Tawaf becomes null and void. He has to perform Wudu' and start Tawaf anew. It is not permissible to complete Tawaf based on the previous rounds.

• troidstore
More
8 years 6 months ago #1590 by troidstore
Giving precedence to `Umrah over Hajj

Q 11: what is the ruling on a person who performs `Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) before Hajj, although the former is only an act of Sunnah?

A: The correct view of the two rulings of the scholars is that `Umrah is obligatory, because Allah states: And perform properly (i.e. all the ceremonies according to the ways of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), the Hajj and ‘Umrah (i.e. the pilgrimage to Makkah) for Allâh. There are also other Hadiths narrated in this regard. If a Muslim performs `Umrah before Hajj during the months of Hajj and performs Hajj in the same year, then he has performed Tamattu` Hajj (combining Hajj and `Umrah with a break in between) which is better than the Ifrad Hajj (performing Hajj only) and Qiran Hajj (combining Hajj and `Umrah simultaneously) for the one who has not brought a hadiy with him. It is reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) told the Sahabah (Companions of the Prophet) who did not bring sacrificial animals: Make it `Umrah, for if I had formerly known what I came to know lately, I would not have driven the Hadiy with me and would have finished the state of Ihram along with the people when they finished it.
(Part No. 11; Page No. 318)

May Allah grant us success! May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions!

Deputy Chairman Chairman
`Abdul-Razzaq `Afify `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz

The eleventh question of Fatwa no. 6542

Moderators: Abu Rumaysa
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

RT @1MMeducation: It is NOT PERMISSIBLE for a man to be alone with a female (other than a spouse or close relative) in a car going anywhere…

troid.org troid.org

RT @1MMeducation: لا يخلون رجل بامرأة فإن الشيطان ثالثهما قال الشيخ ابن باز في شرح هذا الحديث: فالواجب الحذر، وألا تخرج أبداً إلا ومعها ثا…

troid.org troid.org