Islamic Pamphlet Drive #3: Community Cohesion from an Islamic Perspective
Brand New Flyers!!
Dating back to the 1990's, TROID has always had an emphasis on 'street daʿwah,' the most basic way of calling to Allāh, stopping and talking to people and dsitributing information and knowledge. As this project of daʿwah (to the non-Muslims) grew, it became part of the islām.ca group of projects - all aimed at spreading Islām to the non-Muslim audience. Currently we are seeking to take our pamphlets to the next level, re-inventing them in a manner which is most suitable and most inspiring to the non-Muslim reader, there are seven in the 'Islamic Information Series':
- Common Misconceptions about God (Printed! Available for Download! Available for Global Distribution!)
- 7 'Fundamental' Questions about Islām (Sent to Print! Available for Download! Available for Global Distribution!)
- Muḥammad: A Witness, Bearer of Glad Tidings and a Warner
- Misconceptions: Islām is only for Arabs, Do Muslims Worship Muhamamd? Does Islām Degrade Women?
- Women in Islām
- Community Cohesion From an Islamic Perspective
- Uprooting the Forces of Evil: Islām's War on Terror (Printed! Available for Download! Available for Global Distribution!)
update: $1500/$1496.91 - Sent to Print
By the permission of Allāh, the Most Merciful, then your kind support - we hope to transform each one of the 7 Daʿwah pamphlets into new, exciting, presentable flyers of the higest quality and presentation. These flyers would be distributed throughout Canada and possibly provide a blueprint for other Islamic organisations in the Western World to re-distribute accordingly. There is a tremendous amount of blessing and reward in aiding such a project and Allāh is Most Kind.
Front/Back of Proposed Flyer:
Our 3rd flyer project is an important one, especially in these times where the uprightness, justice and overall cohesiveness of the Muslim community is being challenged. Community Cohesion is a buzz term nowadays. Many non-Muslims have been presented a poor interpretation of Islamic values, one that suggests Muslims lack ethics and morals. Of course, this couldn't be further from the truth or further from the community growth that was spurned by the Prophet Muḥammad (ṣallallāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) and his Companions (raḍī Allāhu ʿʿʿanhum) - an Islamic society and legacy built upon upright moral character.
The flyer, authored by Ḥasan al-Ṣumālī discusses seven important topics:
- Islām Instructs Muslims to be Polite and Courteous
- Islām Teaches Muslims to Fulfil the Rights of their Neighbour
- Islām Condemns Racism
- Islām Teaches Muslims to Respect their Elders and Show Compassion to the Young
- Islām Encourages Muslims to keep their Neighbourhoods Habitable and Safe and to Show Consideration to Others
- Islām Forbids Crime and Criminality
- Islām Encourages Employment and Education
What is needed?
$1000/$1496.91 - Only $496.91 Needed
1. Flyer Design and 10,000 copies [Legal Size/A3], professionaly press-printed and folded (high gloss) $1496.91
2. Coordination with other centres or indviduals in Canada to expand national distribution (pending)
3. Abīlity for other organisations in USA, UK etc. to adapt flyer for localised use [without compromsing content/design] (pending)
For those who would like to assist the first in the series of six pamphlets:
- Send a cheque payable to: The Reign of Islamic Daʿwah (874-A Weston Rd. Toronto, ON. Canada M6N 3R6 - attn. pamphlet drive)
- Make a donation in person at the Masjid and Islamic Daʿwah Centre (TROID)
We hope that the coordination of this project will pave the way for local, regional and international distrbution of a series of useful pamphlets for non-Muslims. We hope to print 1-a-month till its completion. 13 cents a flyer (despite its super-high quality). Aiding this project also aids the coordination of its usage across the world in shaa' Allāh to the benefits are tremendous. This is the 3rd of 20 or so flyers, pending the sucess of this one - we ask Allāh to faciliate it amīn.