How to Nurture Children upon the Prophetic Sunnah
An amazing, powerful, must-listen talk about parents and children. Fear Allāh concerning your parents and fear Allāh concerning your children! Our brother relays examples of the Prophets and those that followed them; their concern of wanting righteous offspring, and the importance of asking and making duʿāʾʾʾʾ to Allāh to bless us with righteous children, importance of selecting a pious spouse, choosing righteous wholesome names and protecting the Fiṭrah of the child.
رَبِّ هَبْ لِي مِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ
"My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous."
Rabbi hablee mina As-al-Ṣāliḥīn
─ Sūrah al-Sāffāt verse 100
O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allāh, but do that which they are commanded. - Sūrah Tahrīm verse 6
Indeed, Allāh Has many favours upon us, sometimes we are tried through blessings or trials, in this lecture our brother Abū ʿIyāḍ talks about parents and their children. Advice directed at parents primarily and is also relevant to children. Both have rights upon eachother that needs to be fulfilled. "Indeed, the reward for a deed is of its like." - What does this mean? What does it to mean to and how do we save ourselves and our families from the torment of Hellfire? And the importance of cultivating our children upon Islām and the significance of ensuring that our children are benefitting from what they learn. Raising our children now in the 21st century is like a father with his childern like one who is tending to his flock but in a predatory field - what does this mean? SubhaanaAllāh, amazing examples and lessons are given in this must listen lecture.
- Children are a trial and tribulation and can only lead to one of two things, either it is a Ni`mah for you or it is a Niqmah for you
- The father will be questioned about the rights of his children before the children will be questioned about the rights of the father
- "O you who believe save yourselves and families from the hell fire...", the tafsīr is explained with three points
- Examples from the Prophets and Messengers and their concern to have righteous offspring
- Examples from the Salaf and how they were concerned with Tarbiyah
- Your children are your legacy
- Allāh will connect the children of the believer to the believer
- Preperation of a child starts early - from marriage itself, example of the seed and soil
- ʿUmar ibn al Khattab's choice of spouse for his child (`Aasim)
- Cultivation starts early